$19 - $29.00 per hour, depending on experience
Thomann Asphalt is a family-owned full-service asphalt paving company. Thomann’s extensive experience has kept the paving contractor in business for almost 100 years. The Company’s primary focus is on commercial and industrial paving and site work projects in both the private and public sector. We specialize in parking lot maintenance, including paving, patching, striping, seal coating, crack sealing, drain work, and site work, which includes a full complement of grading, excavating, and utility installation services. We are currently searching for an Asphalt Sealer to join the team!
- Clean and prep pavement for resurfacing
- Trim, maintain, and apply sealer to asphalt surfaces; such as parking lots, and driveways
- Asphalt seal coating, cleaning and edging driveways with string trimmers and backpack blowers, hot rubber crack-filling, brush and spray application of seal coat
- Safe operation of equipment and tools used to assist in preparing and finishing job sites
- Understand and execute paving and concrete procedures while following instructions to meet with specifications of the project
- Assist in the preparation for jobs by loading/unloading trucks with equipment and tools
- Performs a variety of tasks involving manual labor for sealing projects
- Using a weed-whacker, wire broom, and push-blower to clean pavement surfaces
- Application of seal coating material
- Other duties as assigned
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates primarily in an outdoor work environment, in all weather conditions.
This position may require travel and out of town work on occasion.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. Extended hours, nights and weekend work may be necessary based on business needs. While in season the typical work week is approximately 50-60 hours.
The employee is frequently required to stand and occasionally climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to push, pull, move and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to climb and descend a flight of stairs as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all of the activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may be added, deleted, or change at any time with or without notice.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Voluntary insurance coverage options for life, short term disability, long term disability, ID theft, legal, pet
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
· Self-motivated, safety-minded, dependable and detail-oriented
· Ability to clean, route and seal random cracks in asphalt parking lots or off-street roadways as well as clean, prepare, oil spot prime, and apply multiple coats of pavement sealer to an asphalt surface with specialized equipment
· Effectively able to work alone or in a small team
· Adherence to the attendance policy
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Valid driver’s license
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferred, but not required
- 2+ years of experience in paving and/or concrete preferred, but not required
- OSHA 10-hour certification is preferred, but not required