WithersRavenel is looking for people who are passionate about collaboration, community, and client success. Your reward for sharing your talent with us? OWNERSHIP. As a 100% employee-owned company, every employee is an owner—which adds a powerful and unique dimension to our vibrant company culture and purposeful work.
We know that great talent can live anywhere. While we consider North Carolina home, we have team members spread across the U.S. supporting, improving, and growing our WRLife culture. Whether you choose to work from one of our nine office locations, your home office, or a bit of both, we know you’ll fit right in with our hybrid work environment.
Simply put, we're all-in for the success of employees, because when they succeed, we all thrive.
The Geomatics Project Manager II is a strong team leader and business administrator. The successful candidate will efficiently and effectively organize projects, coordinate and allocate resources, budget and track the logistics of projects, and deliver high quality results for our clients.
This is a hybrid position working with our Cary, NC team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and lead projects through the full cycle from proposal to delivery
- Interact with customers to understand business requirements and the project team to determine project scope, budget estimates, schedule, and deliverables
- Ensure accuracy and delivery of plans and proposals
- Coordinate and be available to travel frequently to client locations for onsite kickoff, progress, and deliverable meetings
- Setup new projects and develop project work plans and determine resource requirements
- Coordinate and organize teams and tasks to ensure projects remain on task
- Supervise project team in application design, development, testing and deployment
- Determine Project Scope, Fees, and budgets
- Monitor and control project expenses within allotted budget
- Provide regular weekly updates to clients
- Oversee risk management, change control and quality control/assurance activities
- Invoice assigned projects and provide projections to company leadership and Practice Area Lead
- Respond to customer inquiries professionally and promptly
- Upload and download field crew survey data and process through Carlson and/or Civil3D CAD programs for base mapping
- Oversee CAD mapping of survey projects from initial project planning to final deliveries to clients. Occasional CAD mapping of projects from initial planning to final delivery
- Implement WithersRavenel standards for survey production, CAD templates and quality control checklists and procedures
- Provide mentorship and training for field and office teams
- Assist Practice Area Lead in project planning, estimating, scheduling, equipment,
- and supply inventories
- 10 years minimum of experience in the field of Geomatics
- Five to seven years minimum experience with consulting and project leadership
- SI required, PLS preferred.
- Leadership experience and training related to hiring, scheduling, disciplining, and evaluating employees
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize work, establish priorities, meet established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with little direction
- Knowledge and understanding of land surveying data collection methods and software
The assignment may require infrequent evening/weekend work and job site visits outdoors. Candidates should enjoy working in collaborative, fast-paced, and client-driven environment.
The assignment may occasionally require repetitive physical tasks (such as operating a computer), standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time, extended periods of viewing computer screens and carrying equipment and materials up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
WithersRavenel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, military service, or other non-merit factors protected by federal, state, or local laws. At WithersRavenel, we strive to build and nurture a culture where diversity, inclusivity, and belonging are a normal part of doing business, not an initiative. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. By hiring highly talented people who align with our Core Values, we continue to enrich and broaden our ownership community, as well as the employee and client experience. This purposeful approach to diversity and inclusion leads to greater commitment, collaboration, and effectiveness in our culture, work, and lives.