Who we are
Bridgeview Housing increases self-sufficiency in low-income households by connecting them to resources in the community through our large network of partners who provide direct service to households operates all of the resident services programming of the Vancouver Housing Authority (VHA), and operates the Bridgeview Resource Center which offers a centralized location of service delivery for low-income households in Clark County. Bridgeview also operates the Vancouver Housing Authority’s HUD-funded Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) Program which is an employment and savings incentive program for low-income families who receive VHA-subsidized housing that aims to reduce the dependency on public programs like welfare and housing and increase self-sufficiency. This systemic approach and shared responsibility amongst partners in the community help break the cycle of poverty.
Who we are looking for
Bridgeview Housing is seeking a Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) Service Coordinator that recruits and assists VHA Housing Choice Vouchers/Section 8 Housing residents in developing and attaining motivation, goals, and skills necessary for self-sufficiency. The FSS Service Coordinator assists residents in attaining employment through active case management referrals to post high school career/skills training, financial literacy, budgeting, self enhancement activities, job counseling, and position retention. Includes identifying, recruiting, and engaging community partners in activities that promote this goal.
What you'll do
- Using a variety of outreach methods, identifies, recruits, and engages eligible VHA residents to participate in Family Self Sufficiency (FSS) program activities.
- Collaborates with program participants to develop individual plans, focusing on education, health, personal, social, economic, and employment goals.
- Facilitates and monitors participation in appropriate education/training, self enhancement, employment, career development, and supportive services.
- Tracks progress and modifies plans as appropriate to promote success in reaching self-sufficiency within the 5/2year program periods.
- Coordinates with relevant community partners to broker existing resources and develop new tools to encourage positive choices, life skills, and employment for participants. Provides follow up on referrals.
- Provides person-centered service-coordination, works to quickly build and maintain rapport with participants through a variety of interventions including home/community-based visits.
- Initiates, monitors, and makes manual corrections when needed for escrow accounts, and authorizes account withdrawals within plan guidelines.
- Works with VHA and other program partners to sustain program activities, including establishing and maintaining community partnerships, grant writing and fund raising.
- Participates as a member of relevant community networks and committees to access services, ensure program success, and avoid program duplication.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation in client files, produces reports, and performs other record keeping functions as required.
- Actively participates as a member of the VHA, Bridgeview, and FSS teams.
- Acts as positive role model to program participants encouraging behaviors that promote personal growth and self-sufficiency.
- Consistently complies with position and department safety and attendance standards. Complies with confidentiality and mandatory reporting standards and expectations.
- Establishes and maintains positive, production relationships with employees, residents, vendors, and other work related contacts.
- Actively participates as a member of the FSS/Work Opportunity and Bridgeview teams. Includes regular meetings, collaboration with common clients, and facilitation of workshops for all Work Opportunity program residents.
- Provides timely and accurate data entry into case management software, Elite, TAAG, and Google Docs. Maintains client files that adhere to HUD requirements, tracks outcomes necessary for grant renewal and other program statistics. Keeps excellent client notes.
What we offer
- Starting salary range: $3,564.00 to $3,742.00 per month DOE
- This position is full-time, non-exempt, working 40 hours per week Monday - Friday.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Benefits package also includes 10.25% paid into WA PERS by employer, 12 company paid holidays, and generous paid time off and separate sick time accrual.
- Meaningful work that addresses affordable housing and homelessness in our community.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's Degree plus 2 years related experience strongly preferred
- Experience coordinating a case management caseload.
- Demonstrated experience working with low income and vulnerable persons, preferably in information and referral, self-sufficiency programs and/or care coordination.
- Personal and professional commitment to ongoing learning, engagement and change that progresses diversity, equity and inclusion.
A cover letter and resume are required. For more information on the Vancouver Housing Authority please visit our website at www.bridgeviewhousing.org. Please note, those candidates deemed to best match our requirements will be contacted for an interview. We do not discuss application status during the selection process. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
The VHA/Bridgeview Housing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.