Summary of Functions:
The Warehouse Supervisor oversees and coordinates the daily warehousing activities. This position maintains inventory and supplies by receiving, storing, and delivering items, as well as securing the warehouse and supervising staff. The warehouse is a 24/7 operation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying, dispatching and assuring quality of goods.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employee’s performance.
- Organize and maintain inventory and storage area.
- Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy.
- Communicate job expectations and coach employees.
- Determine staffing levels and assign workload.
- Maintain items record, document necessary information and utilize reports to project warehouse status.
- Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices.
- Confer and coordinate activities with other departments.
- Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements.
- Meets warehouse financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Moves inventory by scheduling materials to be moved to and from warehouse; coordinating inventory transfers with related departments.
- Keeps equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
Food Safety Requirements/Responsibilities:
• Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
• Comply with GMP’s in the plant.
• Assist in the maintenance of Food Safety and Quality system.
Organizational RelationshipsPosition reports to the Logistics Manager. Direct reports include: Warehouse Lead(s), Forklift Operator(s), Order Puller(s), Central Receiving Clerk.
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or related field.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues to others in layman terms.
- Proven work experience as a warehouse supervisor.
- Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques.
- Knowledge of warehouse software packages.
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyze data.
- Hands-on commitment to getting the job done.
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations.
- Bilingual-Spanish is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee will be required to bend, stoop, kneel, reach and climb stairs.
- Ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is a general statement and does not include other duties as assigned.Joseph Gallo Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer / EEO
- This position will work in an office environment with regular trips to manufacturing and warehouse centers.
- Regular exposure to elements such as odor, noise, dust, heat, cold, or chemicals.