Compensation: $77,600 to $100,000
All Community Roots Housing employees must show proof that they are fully vaccinated on their first day of work or submit a request for a religious or disability based exemption.
Benefits: Medical HMO, dental and vision insurance is free for employees!!
Everyone has the right to a quality, affordable home. At Community Roots Housing, this truth drives our work. By embracing community-led development and engaging in deep-rooted partnerships, we’re fostering vibrant, equitable communities where everyone has access to safe, affordable and welcoming homes. Today, nearly 50 apartment buildings – over 2,000 residents -- we continue our commitment to build community with and for people. We are a top performing, high-capacity not-for-profit corporation with an innovative portfolio throughout the Seattle area. Our buildings have won numerous awards from HUD, Urban Land Institute, Affordable Housing Finance Magazine, Future wise and other community development awards.
We are intentional in our hiring processes, seeing it as a chance to interrupt the cycle of racial and economic injustice that limits communities from accessing employment, building skills and investing in their own leadership development. We prioritize applicants who have firsthand experience in navigating the many systems that our residents face which impede their opportunities for success, as majority low-income, LGBTQ, and people of color.
Community Roots Housing is looking for a Director of Resident Services who will be tasked with the day-to-day management of the Resident Services department to include direct reports of Resident Services staff. Resident Services plays two major roles at Community Roots Housing: connecting residents to life affirming resources and coordinating community building programs. The Director of Resident Services is responsible for budget tracking and forecasting, strategic planning, cross-sector partnerships, and managing the administration of all associated programs. Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Community Development, this position will foster cross-departmental relationships with Property Management, Real Estate Development, and others to design, implement, and evaluate resident-centered programs and initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify short- and long-term strategic goals for the department and organization.
- Develop work plans in collaboration with Resident Services team to collect data, achieve goals and evaluate outcomes.
- Identify and cultivate mutually beneficial partnerships across sectors to increase opportunities for CRH residents.
RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT, GRANT MANAGEMENT, AND BUDGETING
- Identify, cultivate, and manage financial resources that help achieve strategic goals.
- Collaborate with the Community Roots Housing Foundation to provide data and narrative for grant applications and reports.
- Design, implement and evaluate program delivery model in collaboration with Resident Services team
- Utilize a human-centered framework to leverage resident voice and leadership in program design
- Provide ongoing evaluation, data analysis, and outcome reporting for programs and partnerships.
- Ensure all outcomes are reported in the resident services database and documented for staff and board as progress in achieving overall Resident Services goals.
- Be prepared for quarterly presentations for PDA and Foundation boards
CONTRIBUTING TO ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE
- Participation on the Leadership team and possibly other committees or task forces.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and economic justice, as well as awareness of the impacts of institutional racism on housing and economic opportunity.
- At least 3-5 years of lived, work, or educational experience working alongside community with a racial equity, housing justice, and human-centered framework and analysis.
- Proven, high-performing leader able to organize and motivate a diverse team of staff, clients and partners.
- Strong organizational skills in program planning, data collection and reporting. Proficient in reporting outcomes and data analysis.
- Strong community engagement strategies and skills such as facilitation and communications.
- Experience in grant-writing and fundraising.
- Excellent computer and technology skills including proficiency in Microsoft Suite and database experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organization and ability to work self-directed.
- Ability to solve complex situations and diffuse escalating situations.
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively and across departments while managing multiple, competing priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and improve workflows.
- Strong work ethic, competitive nature, personal integrity, emotional intelligence, a sense of humor, excellent communication skills.
- Supervise and manage Resident Services team staff (currently Youth and Families Program Manager, Resident Services Coordinator – Seniors, Resident Services Coordinator – Service Referrals, Community Engagement Coordinator, and Community Impact Coordinator)
- Evaluate and analyze staffing structure with an eye towards adjusting to best serve our residents and the organization.
- Mentor and guide staff towards career advancement and professional growth.
Community Roots Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates of color, LGBTQ candidates, women, candidates with disabilities and candidates of all religions and national origins are strongly encouraged to apply. Community Roots Housing is a “Ban the Box” employer. However, per Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development requirements, any candidate selected for this position must undergo a criminal history background check prior to employment.