At Moody Center, we are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community, and business partners through world-class sports and entertainment. We believe our employees are our greatest assets. We will create a culture that empowers and inspires them to go above and beyond for our clients, patrons, and community.
Moody Center is the newest arena in Austin, Texas and finally gave the “Live Music Capital of the World” the world-class arena it deserves. Moody Center is a premiere 15,000+ seat venue to host the biggest artists and acts on the planet. Designed specifically for concerts, the new arena replaced the 43-year-old Frank Erwin Center and will provide top-tier hospitality, artist amenities, and all of the benefits of a modern music venue. In addition, the facility will serve as the new home court of the University of Texas men’s and women’s basketball programs.
Visit www.moodycenteratx.com to learn more. #BeATXcellent
The Audio-Visual Technician plays a key role in supporting and implementing AV technology, systems and processes that support the production environment at Moody Center. In this role, you will provide engineering and support for all presentation video, audio, digital media assets, IPTV and LED display technology during event and non-event times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with staff, outside consultants and integrators on the support and implementation of the state-of-the-art AV control room and LED System.
- Provide operational expertise for all video, audio, lighting and production systems and equipment used for venue and event presentation including, but not limited to, Control Room, Audio, Video, LED and IPTV systems, content creation and programming.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures regarding facilities presentation with a focus on maximizing the integration of all systems to meet business, marketing, and entertainment goals.
- Assist in the creation of operating procedures for all building AV, presentation broadcast technical services, and digital media assets; ensure all content is effectively delivered to all playback and show control systems.
- Work closely with the UT game presentation team to engineer and support the execution of presentation elements for all University of Texas Longhorns home games.
- Provide operational support of all activities related to operating, maintaining, and programming the audio and video systems within the arena, plaza, and other connected properties.
- Support the technical game-day operators/freelancers to operate and work all Moody Center events.
- Collaborate with University of Texas, Marketing, Corporate Partnerships, and event promoters to ensure game and event presentation content stored and supported for efficient and effective execution.
- Assist in the development of effective strategies for meeting internal and external client needs through creative deployment of building technology.
- Assist managing third-party service providers by enforcing the agreed upon scope of services within the various signed service agreements (i.e., freelance and union production crewing agencies, maintenance providers, contractors, digital signage service providers, etc.).
- Ensure all equipment is game ready, and events are covered through scheduling.
- Work closely with content creation, Broadcast, IT, AV, Operations, and other groups across to resolve problems and assist in their areas of need.
- Perform duties including lifting, carrying, moving, walking extensively throughout the building, working from various heights, and around moderate to loud noises.
- Repair BNC, XLR, Triax, and SMPTE fiber cables as needed.
- Create and maintain a repair log of AV equipment.
- 3+ years of experience in a technical capacity in venue presentation and/or Live Event/TV production.
- Basic knowledge of video and/or scoreboard production in a sports and entertainment facility.
- Previous experience integrating, implementing, or refreshing broadcast control room equipment, including familiarity with modern broadcast cabling infrastructure used in broadcast environments.
- Exemplary communication skills and professionalism to deal effectively with all business contacts, vendors, and clients.
- Knowledge and previous experience working with the NCAA and concert/family/event show promoters given extra consideration.
- Available to work non-conventional shifts and hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced live environment serving more 1.5 million annual visitors.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an expert ability to present and communicate new ideas and concepts, describe and document issues as well as their solutions.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented, resourceful, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be a communicator and cross-organizational collaborator.
- Ability to terminate AV cables (i.e., Cat 6, BNC, XLR, Triax, etc.).
- Work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays.
- Other duties as assigned.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.