Do you want meaningful work, that serves your soul, and supports the community?
Do you want flexible scheduling?
Do you want to work with a well-known non-profit organization with a great reputation?
Do you enjoy helping people and interacting with others in a friendly retail setting?
Do you like being physically active?
If so, then come join Snowline Hospice!
Join us in our meaningful work.
Snowline Hospice is a nonprofit, community-based organization dedicated to meeting the unique physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of those who are nearing the end of life's journey. Our mission is to enhance the living, comfort the dying, and support the grieving with compassion and dignity. Snowline has three popular thrift store locations and a reuse and processing center. Our Thrift team is dynamic and supportive; not only helping the community, but also supporting each other, every day.
The Donation Receiver greets, receives and handles donations from our community members. They will receive, sort, package, and process donated material in a manner which maximizes inventory flow and productivity. Our ideal candidate has excellent customer service skills and enjoys staying active on the job.
Each day. Essential functions.
- Receive and handle donations and recycling material, including furniture; while accepting donations, move material to sorting and/or recycling area; if necessary tactfully decline donation
- Provides outstanding customer service, to include but not limited to, greet customers promptly, communicate in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner and when possible, assist customer with moving donations from vehicle to intake area, thanks customer for donation.
- While using discernment, inspect, grade and sort donations/recycling material into appropriate categories including recyclables, textiles, house wares, special events, etc.
- Place/move materials/items into appropriate bin, rack, shelf, area and discard non-saleable/recyclable goods as defined by management
- Perform processing and movement of recycling material to include: order preparation, record keeping, storage container management, material rotation, packaging, shrink-wrapping and palletizing material
- With use of appropriate equipment, move heavy pallets and furniture in/out of storage container, to and from warehouse and showroom
- While sorting donations may be required to fold, hang and tag/price materials/items prior to placing in appropriate bin, rack, shelf or area
- Move or assist with the moving of merchandise to the sales floor
- Work special offsite recycling events and community or estate activities
- As needed, may assist truck/van drivers with donation pickups
- Follow safe work practices, to include but not limited to: participation in established job rotation, use correct body mechanics and lifting techniques, use applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) keep work area clean and free from hazards
- Understand Snowline Hospice's mission and is able to answer questions about services offered by the organization
Come for the culture. And the benefits.
- Meaningful work in a safe and supportive team environment
- Warm, friendly, and flexible work culture
- Highly regarded, long-standing reputation for quality service in the community
- Supportive and helpful 401k (plus matching) program
- Flexible work schedules
Our Ideal Candidate.
- One (1) year previous warehouse and/or retail experience, preferred
- Proven ability to follow instructions and success in carrying out instructions as given
- Ability to analyze a particular situation or assignment and using discernment decide what steps to take
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to read and write
- Demonstrates positive behavior characteristics such as attitude, initiative, cooperation, adaptability, and dependability
- Enjoys staying active on the job
- Is open to occasional weekend or evening work
Our team is full of caring, mission focused, energetic staff who truly care about Snowline and what we do!
APPLY TODAY and become part of the Snowline family!
Snowline Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.