This position is accountable for planning and directing the overall engineering activities of manufacturing facilities to meet stated objectives in support of strategic business plans. Coordinates the creation, development, design and improvement of products in conformance with established programs and objectives. Provides engineering advice and assistance to other departments as required.
- Formulates and recommends engineering policies and technical work in accordance with project objectives.
- Administers an engineering program of high technical competence and judgment. Ensures that sound technical engineering concepts are applied.
- Plans and coordinates engineering projects that are completed on schedule and within cost objectives.
- Advises appropriate personnel of the latest technical and engineering developments.
- Provides the support and guidance necessary to coordinate projects between functional areas and internationally.
- Establishes employee development programs to increase employee skills and enhance advancement opportunities to other positions.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
Bachelor's Degree within the Engineering field.
10+ years’ experience in Management.
10+ years’ experience in Engineering.
Must be action-minded. Up-to-date knowledge of the industry. Strong ethical leadership abilities and judgment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong people skills. Outstanding organizational skills. Should also be open-minded, patient, creative, enthusiastic, understanding and a team player.
Business Acumen Collaboration Skills
Communication Proficiency Decision Making
Problem Solving/Analysis Results Driven
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.