Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Safety is our upmost priority at Total Mortgage Arena. This position is responsible for ensuring that the arena is a safe and welcoming environment for all patrons. Security staff will be responsible for access to the arena, ensuring guest enter safely and for the security inside of the arena, by limiting access to restricted areas as well as deescalating volatile situations.
- Uphold security directives, most importantly our mission to take reasonable steps to protect the safety and security of our venues' guests, employees, and assets with respect towards everyone's dignity and legal rights.
- Verifies credentials to ensure control of access into restricted areas
- Secures the perimeter of ticketed areas
- Screens guests as they enter the facility in accordance with the event standards
- Resolve escalated security situations, providing appropriate warnings and contacting local police if ejections/arrests are warranted/necessary
- Works cooperatively with event staff and local police
- Interacts with guests in a polite and professional manner
- Assist with directional and informational inquiries. Serve as escalation point for complaints/issues
- Consistently and continually enforces facility policies & procedures related to prohibited items, disruptive behavior, etc.
- Performs other duties as required to the satisfaction of Supervisors and Management
- Valid CT Guard Card, preferred
- Prior Customer Service Experience, preferred
- Excellent communication skills required with thorough understanding of written and spoken English
- Knowledge and skill in radio communication
- Ability to listen effectively, take and execute directions, as given
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to exercise sound judgement to diffuse volatile situations
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to traverse a variety of terrain and floor surfaces including stairs, carpet, concrete
- Ability to work in darkened area, around crowds, loud noises and flashing lights
- Ability to remain calm and focused in fast-paced environment and stressful situations
- Ability to work outside, in adverse weather conditions, as needed
- Ability to direct guests where they need to go, as well as direct them in an emergency
- Must be able to efficiently screen guest in the form of metal detecting via wands and bag checking
Salary: $15.00 - $16.00 per hour
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.