Girl Scouts of Western Washington is seeking an HR Generalist to support our growing organization. The ideal candidate will have generalist (or equivalent) experience and experience managing, implementing or developing HR programs with a strong emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion. This position is a regular, full-time position and it is required to be or become a Washington State resident.
Girl Scouts of Western Washington offers a great work environment, meaningful mission-driven work and excellent health and leave benefits. Employer-paid medical, dental, life/AD&D and LTD are available for employees. Coverage for dependents includes a significant employer contribution. A 403(b)-retirement plan with match is available as are voluntary benefits that include vision insurance and a flexible spending account. The generous paid leave includes three weeks of vacation to start and sick leave. There are paid holidays, including nearly two weeks of paid leave through the Christmas holidays! The organization also actively supports personal and professional development and volunteerism with paid time off for those opportunities.
Girl Scouts of Western Washington values diversity, equity and inclusion and we foster a welcoming, inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, veteran status, sexual orientation (heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and gender expression of identity), marital status or the presence of any physical, sensory, or mental disability, or any other protected classification under applicable laws.
· Responsible for all day-to-day aspects of Human Resources.
· Analyze trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
· Conduct exit interviews, analyze data and make recommendations to the VP of People and Culture.
· Assist supervisors with performance evaluations, department goal setting, employee letters, and employee compensation decisions with the direction of VP of People and Culture.
· Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements and ensure legal compliance with various governmental laws and regulations covering the areas of labor relations, EEOC, safety, employment, wage and hour, worker's compensation, etc.
· Work with EH&S for all L&I claims, and documentation.
· Analyze, interpret, and administer the company benefit programs such as life, health, dental, and disability insurances, 403(b) plan.
· Administer, track, and coordinate all ADA, FMLA and other types of leaves of absences.
· Manage applicable reporting and compliance reporting requirements, including EEOC, and 1095-C.
· Create and maintain all company Job Descriptions and Job Postings.
· Investigate and resolve employee relations issues.
· Represent the company at unemployment hearings.
· Provide complete HRIS system administration.
· Manage the company’s wellness program and all onsite benefit events.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
· HR Certification – PHR, or SHRM-CP strongly desired
· Minimum of 3 years prior experience as an HR Generalist OR
· Demonstrated experience having significant responsibility with more than one areas of HR – recruiting, diversity, training, compensation and benefits, etc.
· Previous experience in recruiting strongly preferred
· Must be highly organized with ability to track multiple projects
· Demonstrated experience developing and implementing HR projects and programs
· Experience managing, implementing or supporting projects emphasizing diversity, equity and inclusion
· Willingness and ability to demonstrate a commitment to support the organization’s efforts to enhance the diversity and cultural and global awareness of volunteers, girls and staff
· Excellent public speaking and writing skills
· Strong interpersonal skills to ensure effective interactions with individuals at all levels and backgrounds
· Effective conflict resolution skills
· Previous experience in HRIS, payroll systems and benefit portals preferred
· Skilled in Excel, Outlook and Word
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize deadlines, work independently, take initiative and maintain confidentiality
· Valid Washington State driver’s license, vehicle in working condition, proof of insurance, or the ability to fulfill timely travel requirements across widespread regional geography on occasion
· Satisfactory results from criminal background search
· Willing to maintain Girl Scouts membership