MeatEater is seeking a highly organized, technically savvy and task-oriented Technical Project Manager to join our Digital Product team and coordinate technology-related projects across the organization including web development, content launches, marketing promotions, email & SMS initiatives, content syndication projects, SEO initiatives and any other things that we dream up to continue growing and engaging our audience. In addition to managing projects, the person in this role will also be an individual contributor, taking responsibility for technical tasks necessary for project completion and ongoing operations.
This position is located in Bozeman, MT.
- Participate in requirements gathering sessions with Digital Product, Marketing, eCommerce and other internal groups to establish baseline plans for new projects, including helping to identify key milestones and dependencies.
- Collaborate with Digital Product teammates (Product Managers, Engineering, Data Science) to establish project timelines and create detailed implementation plans.
- Help resolve blockers for the team (e.g., wrangle necessary deliverables from contributors, get answers from 3rd party support) and escalate issues as necessary.
- Be ready and willing to take responsibility for technical tasks as necessary. (i.e., if there’s nobody in place to do something that’s required for a project, you’d handle it yourself, or better yet, track down someone on the team who should be)
- Be the keeper of the schedule for all technical projects. Meaning, if someone asks “What’s the status of this project?” you will have the answer.
- Establish processes to make the overall team more efficient
- Proven project management capabilities with an emphasis on versatility ( i.e., able to simultaneously manage different types of projects while retaining discipline and focus)
- Systems thinker. Understand how technology-based systems work, how they connect with each other and how they interact to produce a desired result. This ability will allow you to identify dependencies and gaps during the planning phase.
- Process mindset. Understand how different groups work together and devise procedures that optimize the group’s productivity. Seek to eliminate duplication and inefficiencies and be willing to teach others new ways of doing things.
- 2+ years software project management experience, ideally in an Scrum/Agile environment using feature/bug tracking tools (e.g., Jira)
- Working knowledge of traditional project management concepts, including phasing, milestones and dependencies.
- Experience using project management tools (Asana or similar)
- Solid understanding of the digital space, including email marketing platforms and concepts, SEO, web and eCommerce promotions, analytics, etc.
- Technical expertise in platform usage, able to learn new platforms quickly without assistance and explain functionality to others.
- Comfortable in a facilitator role, able to develop relationships across the organization and with 3rd parties to get work done without direct reporting authority.
- Clear, concise, professional and positive communications in all formats
- Basic web development skills (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Experience with Email and SMS Marketing Platforms
- Experience with SEMRush or similar SEO platforms
- Experience with Analytics platforms configuration and usage (Google Analytics etc), UTM parameters etc.
MeatEater, Inc. is an outdoor lifestyle media and commerce company founded by renowned writer, TV, and podcast personality Steven Rinella. With the belief that a deeper understanding of the natural world enriches all of our lives, MeatEater, Inc. brings together leading influencers in the categories of fishing, hunting, wild foods, and conservation to create premium content and experiences and provide unique apparel and equipment. MeatEater, Inc brands include First Lite, FHF Gear, and Phelps Game Calls.