St. John Vianney Catholic Church is currently hiring two Faith Formation Coordinators. In coordination with the Pastor, the Faith Formation Coordinator serves as the staff representative for all parish-based ministries and is responsible for the direction of the parish’s total catechetical ministry.
The Diocese of Orlando four core values lay the foundation for the work performed by its employees.
1. Authenticity: Conviction that God has called us to reflect exteriorly our inner life of faith in our daily living.
2. Respect: Affirming each person’s God-given dignity and uniqueness.
3. Courage: Inspired by this gift of the Holy Spirit, we proclaim and live the Word of God fearlessly and devotedly.
4. Commitment: Individually and collectively, we are steadfast to the team and its purpose.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as liaison between Pastor/parish staff and all parish-based service ministries, including all parish-sponsored services; promotes the interests of ministries and/or the need for new ministries to parish administration and ensures lay ministers are competently and effectively advancing the mission to the faithful of the community.
- Ensure a positive staff presence and welcoming spirit to all newcomers of the community.
- Teach L.I.F.E, Reconciliation, and First Communion classes.
- Ensure ministries adhere to applicable Diocesan risk management, communications, and Safe Environment policies.
- In conjunction with the pastor, staff, formation team, ad-hoc advisory committees, and/or others, develop and implement a coherent and unified curriculum and catechetical plan for the parish.
- Set up catechetical registration date and prepare materials for the year.
- Facilitate and/or participate in staff and committee meetings as well as meetings and events convened by the diocese as related to catechetical ministry or job responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Theology, Catechetics, or Pastoral Ministry or related field required, or equivalent combination of relevant experience and certification.
- Three to five years of experience in parish ministry, including lay ministry or ministry leadership responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience working in an office environment with additional experience in customer service preferred.
- Completion of Lay Minister certification or degree program is an asset.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication, organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills;
- Knowledge of Catholic doctrine and beliefs as presented in the documents of the Second Vatican Council, the Catechism of the Catholic Church and other relevant ecclesial documents and publications;
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Publisher;
- Possess valid Florida driver’s license and maintain an acceptable driving record.
- Fully Bilingual.
- A high level of organizational and interpersonal skill is required. Attention to detail and working well with others is also required.
- Must possess the ability to read and analyze routine correspondence and compose appropriate responses; ability to respond effectively to common inquiries from internal and external sources; ability to effectively present reports and information to constituents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- The ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to reach, grasp, feel, hear, and see up close and from afar. Must be able to use basic office computer hardware and peripherals, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in written form.