Atlanta Classical Academy seeks a full-time Paraprofessional. This role will work within the general education environment and one-one-one contexts to mentor and support students according to their unique needs. This position will report to the Special Education Lead Teacher (SELT) on our Atlanta campus. Please note there are currently two job openings, one for the Upper School and one for the Lower School.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide 1:1 academic support
- Assist the lead teacher in classroom management, organization, and instruction
- Assist students as needed between classes, at lunch, and during dismissal
- Tutor and assist students under direction of SELT and classroom teacher
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field preferred
- Paraprofessional certification in the state of Georgia required
- Two+ years of related work experience
Strong candidates will support the school’s Mission: to develop students in mind and character through a classical, content-rich curriculum that emphasizes the principles of virtuous living, traditional learning, and civic responsibility. They will have enthusiasm for the Vision: to be a nationally regarded K-12 classical school and serve as a local and national incubator for growth and promotion of classical education. And they will embody the school’s organizational values. We value
- the tenets of classical, liberal arts education;
- community and partnership in the common pursuit of forming intelligent, virtuous citizens;
- excellence in teaching and learning;
- the virtues we aim to teach our students: courage, courtesy, honesty, perseverance, self-government, and service.
About Atlanta Classical Academy:
Atlanta Classical Academy is an open-enrollment, public charter school open to students who reside within the Atlanta Public Schools district. The school opened in 2014 with grades K – 8, and has added a grade each year as students have advanced. It is now a K – 12 academy. The children of full-time employees have enrollment preference and would be offered a seat in the school.
Atlanta Classical Academy is an equal-opportunity employer. Interested candidates should apply via the school’s career site. Candidates must attach a letter of introduction, a C.V. or resume, and three character references to their application. For staff positions, please also attach a 300-500 word answer to how your work will contribute to fulfilling the school’s mission. For faculty positions, please attach a 300-500 word “statement of educational philosophy.”