Job Description: The responsibilities will include but are not limited to...
Understands the process of regulatory development within the context of the changing domestic and global external environment and anticipates the development of new regulations for both product and package.
- Compliance of existing products and packaging in existing markets
- Ensure our products and packaging comply with local regulations, worldwide
- Ensure our product and packaging claims can be substantiated
- Maintain a database of our formulas and ingredients and packaging materials
- Ensure we are current with all renewals, fees, and declarations
- Registering new products in existing markets, and new market entry
- Collaborate with Product Development, Package Development, Sales, Contract Manufacturers, and third-party Regulatory partners to manage the registration and safety testing process in order to hit aggressive launch dates
- Regulatory-driven reformulation and packaging changes
- Have your pulse on reliable, forward-looking Regulatory Intelligence
- Make data and risk-driven recommendations for product and packaging changes based on a dynamic regulatory environment
- Take an active role in the process of executing reformulation and repackaging
- Understand and drive Living Proof Quality Vision. Maintain extremely high QC standards and communicate them effectively throughout the Living Proof organization.
- Ensure all relevant quality protocols are designed optimally, including sampling, and are executed with a mindset obsessed with accurate, precise, objective measurement
- Make recommendations on judgment calls for releasing critically needed material.
- Solve quality problems with Contract Manufacturers and Component Suppliers, and maintain transparency and timely communications internally
- Maintain, update and train relevant teams on Quality Assurance SOPs
- Compile monthly data on consumer complaints, quality incidents, and communicate internally
- Conduct new supplier audits, create quality assurance plans, and support tech transfer
- Ensure Contract Manufacturers have a Quality system capable of maintaining our specifications at scale
- Create relevant quality agreements that lay out mutually agreed expectations for quality with each of our Contract manufacturers, and monitor for compliance
- Organize and conduct annual quality review with key suppliers
- Creation and tracking of Unilever QMS documentation and reports for identified critical quality issues
- Identify and execute root cause analysis of customer complaints and oversee solutions
- 5+ years of combined Quality and Regulatory experience in the Beauty Industry, with a preference for Hair or Skin Care experience
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with Good Manufacturing Practices
- Experience with conducting audits and follow-on actions
- In depth knowledge of FDA regulations pertaining to Cosmetics, experience with OTC products a plus
- Experience leading statistical problem-solving projects; Six Sigma certification a plus
- Successful management of happy and motivated teams, skill in developing people for advancement
- Proficient in software relevant to regulatory and quality management
- Experience working with Cosmetics Formula Database Software is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a hard science preferred; advanced degree is a plus
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THIS JOB IS:
- Quality and Regulatory subject matter expert, ready to contribute accumulated wisdom, and open and eager to learn some new ways of working
- Process improvement guru
- Excellent team manager, who thrives on maximizing the team's quality output, and building a sense of pride and purpose that bonds with colleagues on other teams
- Seasoned project manager, capable of managing a multitude of projects with many moving pieces, shifting priorities, and deadlines
- Individual with a "customer service mindset" where you and your team are geared to provide timely updates to all stakeholders regarding task status
Please note that a COVID vaccination is a term of employment for Living Proof and thus required. No offers will be extended until proof of vaccination is provided.
Diversity is a core value at Living Proof. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all employees. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.