Coordinate and facilitate the community-based education sessions for all facets of the Education Program including the areas of Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, Addiction, Racial Justice, and Diversity for internal and external customers.
Full-time, days with occasional evening and weekend hours for community events.
Expectations of every YWCA Staff Member:
- Uphold and promote the YWCA Mission.
- Maintain compliance with state standards.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Contribute to fund development efforts for support of all programs and the overall Association.
- Provide support to other departments and staff.
Supervision and Scheduling
- Supervise and oversee performance of a team of Community Educators
- Communicate with schools, social service agencies, other service providers, and businesses to schedule presentations and trainings
- Develop presentation and event schedule of Community Educators
Outreach and Networking
- Collaborate and network with other service providers and/or stakeholders to raise awareness about YWCA services and programming and create opportunities to deliver trainings and presentations.
- Attend community educational events and resource fairs to promote agency services.
- Participate in committees and/or taskforces on behalf of YWCA Northeast Indiana to support prevention efforts.
- Create and maintain high quality educational materials for community-based presentations and trainings including topics of: Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, Cyberbullying, Sexting, Consent, Sexual Assault, Substance Use Disorder, Racial Justice, and diversity.
- Follow best-practice standards and guidance for continual improvement of educational materials.
- Assist with developing awareness campaigns for community awareness initiatives.
- Facilitate school-based presentations with youth (in classroom setting) and community trainings with adults throughout six counties in Northeast Indiana.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records.
- Collaborate with educational and outreach needs of departments across agency
- Other duties as assigned to meet the organization's goals.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Equivalent education and experience will be considered.
- CPR and First Aid Certifications. To be obtained within the first year of employment & maintained thereafter.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability and comfort with public speaking and community networking.
- Knowledge of domestic violence issues and patterns and their effects on men, women, and children.
- Passion for working with youth, especially adolescence in an educational setting.
- Knowledge of substance use and chemical dependency and their effects on women and families.
- Knowledge of diversity and racial justice.
- Proven ability to effectively and respectfully interact with diverse populations, including clients, co-workers, and agency.
- Strong customer service skills with ability to communicate in a professional manner with a wide range of people. Unequivocal commitment to pluralism.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion when handling potentially confidential or sensitive manners.
- Strong time management skills; ability to take initiative to solve problems and work with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- 1-3 years of general office experience, including reception and telephone duties and office equipment (copiers, printers)
- Accurate, organized, and detail-oriented, with ability to work under pressure and shift priorities in response to changing needs.
- Must comply with organization's policy of automobile insurance: must have a valid driver’s license and personal automobile insurance coverage.
- Flexibility to change work hours as needed.
Physical/Mental Essential Requirements:
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, moderate lifting and carrying (up to thirty (30) pounds).
- Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Ability to sit at a computer work station for extended periods of time.
- Need to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to focus on detail and accuracy of work product.
- Work is performed primarily in a non-smoking office environment, though travel may expose employee to inclement weather conditions.
- Occasional high stress may be experienced in dealing with clients, staff and volunteers.
The statements within this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this position.