This position is responsible for the coordination and implementation of leadership and engagement activities to strengthen partnerships with individuals with lived experience within communities and Nebraska Children. This position supports and demonstrates the needed practices to enhance authentic partnerships, relationships, co-design, and shared decision making for a strong partnership infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical assistance and support to communities and state partners to achieve their identified goals in partnering with individuals with lived experience.
- Collaborate with individuals with lived experience and communities to strengthen intentional local leadership and engagement opportunities including peer networking, social networking opportunities to strengthen relationships and partnerships.
- Contribute to the development of the infrastructure needed to build authentic partnerships with parents, caregivers, individuals with lived experience at the individual, community and system level.
- Recruit, support and mentor young people, parents, caregivers, individuals with lived experience leaders at the community and system level.
- Support the development and coordination of the Parenting Advisory Council.
- Lead and/or support the implementation of various engagement and leadership strategies including Community Cafes and Youth and Families Thrive.
- Be a contributor to the development and implementation of the Nebraska Children framework for authentically partnering with parents and caregivers to have intentional opportunities to co-create and co-implement community solutions as the community and system level.
- Partner and collaborate with fellow Nebraska Children colleagues in effort to streamline processes, reduce duplication and align work.
- Additional duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
WORK DIRECTION RECEIVED: Works with minimal direction.
SCOPE/NATURE OF DISCRETION: Delegated discretion; authority to initiate and carry out actions that are deemed essential.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years’ experience and/or training
- Lived experience in public systems
- Experience working with youth and parents/caregivers
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Effective communication: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Suite
- Collaborative behaviors to cultivate internal and external partnerships.
- Proven ability to consistently manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively present information to public groups, community groups, committees, and boards.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timeliness utilizing effective analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including management, clients, partners, and other NC staff and departments.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with the Nebraska foster care, juvenile justice, homeless and/or behavioral health system(s)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to include interpersonal, planning, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common professional journals, general business periodicals, financial reports, legal documents, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries about the organization from the public and/or business community.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, top management, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in unique or high-pressured situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstracts and concrete variables.
- Ability to fact-check and verify data using primary and secondary sources.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and manage multiple activities at once.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- While performing the duties of this job, you will be regularly required to attend and contribute to meetings (often requiring sitting, standing, walking, and analyzing information in team settings).
- Office Environment
- Flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Willingness to occasionally travel.