Recruitment Period: 06/10/2022 - Until Filled
Status: Full Time
Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) was founded as a 501(c) (3) non-profit medical institution in 2005 aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest.
The University currently offers the degrees of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Physical Therapy, and Master of Arts in Medical Science enrolling over 550 students annually with plans to develop other programs and/or colleges. Interprofessional education partnerships with other universities adds another 100 students to the population. The campus includes 300 employees with academic programming spread over a five state region.
PNWU is located in Yakima, WA, a city of approximately 95,000 located in the south central part of the state near the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountains in a major agricultural and outdoor recreation region. It is approximately 140 miles from Seattle, 170 miles from Portland, and 200 miles from Spokane. The Yakima Valley is a wonderful place to live, work and play. For more information, visit https://www.visityakima.com/.
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Content, the Marcomm Writer will write, edit, and proof content for the office of Marketing and Communications. The writer will read, research and interview anyone necessary to gather the content for all writing assignments. The writer will start and complete all writing assignments for Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences.
Essential Job Functions:
· Responsible for creating compelling stories after reading background and contextual content, or completing interviews with story subjects
· Ability to condense or expand content based on space limitations, intended use and supervision directions
· Carry out research and conduct fact checking on topics assigned for writing
· Read and fully understand style guides for use in all writing
· Convert information gathered from any method into easy-to-read content that engages the readers
· Accepts editorial feedback and constructive criticism to edit and improve writing
· Understands accreditation standards and expectations specific to the department and adheres to policies and procedures to meet or exceed such standards
· Conducts self appropriately and consistently in accordance with the philosophy and mission of PNWU
· Other duties as assigned
• Required: Bachelor’s degree; preference with emphasis in English, journalism, writing, creative writing, or related field
• Preferred: Professional writing experience
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Strong organization, interpersonal, and planning skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work in a team and flexibility to work with others in a variety of circumstances; ability to manage projects and people and prioritize and self-direct workflow; ability to work with and manage different computer programs and databases
To ensure full consideration submit:
• A letter of introduction outlining background and qualifications for the position
• Detailed curriculum vitae
• Contact information for three professional references
The job announcement above is not the full job description, but represents the job responsibilities and requirements. A full job description can be provided upon request.
PNWU offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees first of the month following date of hire and competitive salary.
For information about life in Yakima visit our PNWU page.
PNWU is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer and educational institution. To request this publication in an alternative format, or to apply in an alternative format, please call Human Resources, 509.452.5100.