General Description: The Front Desk Supervisor provides overall leadership and guidance to the Front Desk staff at Seneca Heights apartments. The Front Desk supervisor oversees the day-to-day operations of the front desk and ensures staff performs all necessary job duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides front desk staff weekly supervision to review challenges and ensure all duties are executed in a timely and complete manner.
· Administers performance evaluations and staff performance memos on regular bases.
· Oversee screening and hiring of new staff and provides comprehensive training regarding policies and procedures.
· Creates and maintains monthly front desk staff schedule and always ensures proper staff coverage.
· Schedules and executes bimonthly virtual front desk staff meetings.
· Works closely with Program Manager and Senior Programs Officer to ensure operational procedures and staff supervisory duties are fully executed and there is effective communication between case management and front desk staff.
· Review documentation generated by front desk for accuracy and oversee proper distribution to case managers, property manager, and senior administrators.
· Ensures that clients are safe and secure from internal and external elements. Calls the police for any relevant emergencies and, or criminal activity/potential activity.
· Ensures that all Front Desk Staff communicate with clients, their families, and guests with dignity and respect at all times.
· Maintains and updates visitor’s logbook, staff memos, banned guest list, and all other front desk documentation.
· Answers phone and directs calls to appropriate personnel.
· Answers questions of a general nature; refers others to appropriate personnel for assistance.
· Continuously monitors the conduct and behavior of residents/clients and guests; reports any unusual circumstances or activities.
· Execute training of front desk staff to on procedures of “medication ingestion observation” process and documenting residential activity in the medication logbook.
· Assists in maintaining the cleanliness and safety of the reception area.
· Prepares security alerts and incident reports.
· Oversees the camera system to ensure it is functional at all times.
· Executes front desk staff training on camera surveillance system.
· Surveilles cameras and documents unusual behaviors as Alerts ongoing and notifies case managers when unusual behaviors occur and require immediate attention
· Reviews camera footage to ensure staff documentation compliance for overnights, Alerts, and any unusual behaviors regularly and reports any observed.
· Completes residential work orders for maintenance/repairs.
· Assist the Case Managers with coordinating tutorial service with volunteers and document volunteer hours.
· Manage in-house and outgoing mail
· Coordinate miscellaneous donation & diaper delivery, storage and distribution with the Development team, Program Manager, Donation Supervisor, case managers. Input all donations in the tracking system set up by development on a regular basis. Communicate with Development and the Program manager /Donations Supervisor regarding concerns, issues with donations and distribution.
· Oversee office landline and cell phone systems, office machines, information technology (computers & internet) connectivity.
· Maintains front desk and office machine room, orders office supplies, and works closely with Program Manager to oversee overall office functioning.
· Assists with onsite emergencies and crisis interventions collaboratively with Program and case managers.
· Meets bi-weekly with Program Manager for supervision to review challenges and ensure all duties are executed in a timely and complete manner.
· Other duties, as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Minimum high school graduate—some college preferred.
· Minimum of two years supervisory experience.
· Functional knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet as well as proficiency in using e-mail/ Internet and camera system via Internet.
· Knowledge and understanding of the principals of housing first, trauma-informed care, self-determination, and harm reduction.
· Ability to proficiently operate the surveillance camera systems.
· Ability to always set appropriate boundaries and negotiate and facilitate positive relationships between tenants.
· Ability to negotiate and maintain positive relationships with co-workers and clients.