Position Title: Director of Operations
Reports To: CEO
Date Created: June 9, 2022
Starting Pay Range: $105,000 - $145,000
Senior Housing Options, Inc., a non-profit providing affordable, safe housing and care for seniors and people with disabilities, has a great opportunity for a Director of Operations to join our team. The Director of Operations direct the management and operations of all Senior Housing Options, Inc. properties including assisted living residences and HUD apartment properties. This position will ensure excellent quality of resident care at assisted living properties, safe and appropriate maintenance of all properties, proactive planning for continuing legal and regulatory compliance, and development for all staff members at the administrator and property manager level.
What We Offer:
• 15 Days of Paid time-off annually and paid holidays
• Health, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account plan, Life, LTD and STD insurance benefits for employees
• 403(b) retirement plans with 2% match
• Opportunities for training, career growth and leadership development
• An employer with a mission you can believe in and a team that works together to achieve it!
You will love working in our lower downtown corporate office in a historic Denver building, less than two blocks from Union Station with easy access to light rail. Parking is also provided!
· Hire all assisted living administrators and HUD apartment property managers, and ensure that they receive appropriate onboarding, training and oversight
· Manage ongoing performance and development needs of all assisted living administrators and HUD apartment property managers, including providing advice on complex staff issues on their teams
· Drive development of new policies and procedures as needed to ensure high quality of care, safety of buildings, and compliance of activities at assisted living residences and HUD apartment properties
· Stay abreast of and provide proactive support for compliance with all applicable current CDPHE, HCPF, HUD, CHFA and all other federal, state and local regulations governing the operation of assisted living residence and HUD apartment properties by attending appropriate industry and association trainings and committee meetings
· Advocate for Senior Housing Options, Inc. in response to proposed regulatory changes and educate staff and the board of directors on these issues on an ongoing basis
· Ensure all properties are in compliance with plan of correction (POC) requirements arising from survey deficiencies, and monitor implementation through the assisted living and HUD apartment property Quality Management process; assure that deficiency items remain corrected on an ongoing basis through Quality Management
· Oversee maintenance of Medicaid certification for all assisted living properties
· Ensure Occurrence Reports required by CDPHE are submitted by assisted living properties for appropriate action and follow-up
· Oversee budgeting process for all assisted living and HUD apartment properties, using expertise to maximize revenue and occupancy at each property
· Evaluate capital needs for properties and plan for physical plant and equipment replacement with maintenance department
· Ensure that high quality resident services are being provided at all properties and that buildings are maintained in good condition through the Quality Management process.
Expected Hours of Work:
This role is considered full-time and exempt from overtime. Must be available outside of business hours. Must be able to work primarily out of the home office.
Qualified Candidates Will Have:
- 4-6 years’ experience in a management role in a HUD Apartment living or Assisted Living Residence, Long Term Care or Nursing Home setting; management experience with both HUD Apartment properties and medical care settings highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Basic understanding of and prior experience with all applicable regulatory requirements for assisted living and HUD/Section 8 apartments preferred
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently, and communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be within 20 miles driving distance from Denver Metro facilities in the event of an emergency
- LIHTC Certification preferred
- Assisted Living Administrator Certification preferred
- Experience and knowledge in Yardi and Point Click Care systems