Who we are
The Vancouver Housing Authority (VHA) works closely with local governments and other community partners throughout Clark County to address issues of affordable housing and homelessness and help families break the cycle of poverty.
Who we are looking for
The Vancouver Housing Authority is seeking a Construction Coordinator to provide project assistance to VHA Construction Project Managers involved with new construction and renovation work on properties within the VHA and affiliated nonprofit portfolios.
What you'll do
- Assist Construction Project Managers (CPM) during construction of capital construction and/or modernization projects for the VHA and affiliated non-profits as authorized and directed by the Construction Manager.
- Coordinate and communicate with consultants, contractors, architects and project stakeholders to help keep workflow on track.
- Assist in the tracking of construction budgets and time schedules, including milestone activities.
- Assist with procurement and distribution of Project reports, testing, and survey requirements. Including but not limited to: geo-technical reports, hazardous materials testing and reports, and environmental reports.
- Reviews VHA Standards / Preferences against Contract documents and specifications to ensure compliance. Reports any potential issues to CPM.
- Reviews construction documents for compliance with VHA, Fair Housing Act, HUD, ADA Accessibility, State, and city/county building requirements, codes and regulations. Reports any potential issues related to requirements and/or potential compliance issues to CPM.
- Participate in Evergreen Sustainable Design Standards charrette and assist CPM with coordination, tracking and execution of sustainability requirements through project close out.
- Assist CPM with project monitoring and related technical documentation including: site observations for safety concerns, risk mitigation and construction quality assurance; review of assembly mock-ups and isolation testing, assist with punch list observations associated with phase completion and warranty initiations, operation and maintenance training for new equipment brought online during close out and wage rate interviews with onsite sub-contractors. Reports any potential risks immediately to CPM.
- Assist with reviews of Construction Documentation (i.e. Shop Drawings, Field Testing, Revisions, Submittals etc.) to ensure compliance with Code, Contract Documents, and VHA Standards / Preferences.
- Assist CPM with researching or evaluating change order requests, including developing independent cost estimates (ICE’s).
- Establish and maintain positive, productive relationships with VHA employees, residents, public officials, vendors, and other work related contacts.
What we offer
- Starting pay rate is $58,152 to $61,059 per year based on experience.
- Full-time, exempt position.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance for the employee's coverage.
- Benefits package also includes 10.25% paid into WA PERS by employer, 12 company paid holidays, and generous paid time off and separate sick time accrual.
- Meaningful work that addresses affordable housing and homelessness in our community.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor degree in construction management, or equivalent preferred. Years of experience can count towards an advanced degree.
- Minimum two (2) years+ construction and/or project management experience, or equivalent.
- Must have valid driver’s license and meet VHA auto insurance requirements.
A cover letter and resume is required. For more information on the Vancouver Housing Authority please visit our website at www.vhausa.com. Please note, those candidates deemed to best match our requirements will be contacted for an interview. We do not discuss application status during the selection process. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
The VHA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.