Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Location: Nicholasville, KY
Reports to: VP of Engineering
The Sargent and Greenleaf (S&G) Family of Brands deliver proven lock and door solutions that protect people and assets at home, at work, and in communities around the world. With trusted brands such as Sargent & Greenleaf, Delaney Hardware and Premier Steel Doors & Frames, we can provide businesses and consumers high-security safe locks and locking systems, high-quality door hardware and fixtures, commercial-grade steel doors and frames, as well as multi-family and commercial security solutions.
Our unique portfolio of lock and door solution brands serve a wide range of our customer’s security needs across industries and applications. Together, we are on a mission to make the world more secure today and in the future.
Manage entire product development process including in-house design and/or works with outside design firms and development partners. Designs, develops and tests electronic components, equipment, systems and product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interprets customers “product requirements” and develops detailed “product specifications.”
- Prepares product and/or system layout and detailed design documents including printed circuit board (PCB) layouts and routings.
- Designs micro controller-based circuit boards for use in electronic/electromechanical security devices.
- Familiar with software/firmware used to operate electromechanical devices and related user interface software products.
- Supports manufacturing in building of prototype products or pilot run product.
- Plans, develops, and executes experimental test programs and software validation.
- Analyzes test data to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications. Prepares written reports on results.
- Confers with manufacturing personnel and prepares design modifications as required.
- Plan product development activity, and conducts periodic design review meetings.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical reports and documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or member of company.
- Ability to effectively present verbal and written information and findings to management, customers, peers, and suppliers.
- Ability to communicate with (in English) and work with engineers and project managers from partner companies in other countries (and cultures).
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Strong hardware background in microcontroller based product design and test experience.
- Familiarity with programming using “C” and “Assembly” languages.
- Experience in prototype bread boarding and debugging circuits and associated software.
- Ability to design and implement test programs to evaluate product conformance to specifications
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent from four-year College or University.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.