FLSA: Exempt, Salary
Reports to: VP of Engineering
Travel: up to 20%
The Sargent and Greenleaf (S&G) Family of Brands deliver proven lock and door solutions that protect people and assets at home, at work, and in communities around the world. We can provide businesses and consumers high-security safe locks and locking systems, high-quality door hardware and fixtures, commercial-grade steel doors and frames, as well as multi-family and commercial security solutions.
Our unique portfolio of lock and door solution brands serve a wide range of our customer’s security needs across industries and applications. Together, we are on a mission to make the world more secure today and in the future.
Evaluate product to provide validation of product performance and design criteria. Provide application training to both internal and external customers. Provide higher levels of technical support related to product performance and application. Responsible for effective communications with internal and external customers when making recommendations and solving problems.
Organizational Relationship: This position reports directly to the Director of Engineering. This position has no direct reports.
- Work closely with all functions of the organization as well as end-users of S&G product.
- Communicates with customers in person, by phone or means of electronic communication
- Consult with appropriate field personnel to provide support, updates, and documentation as well as to assess the on-going effectiveness of the support structure.
- Provide product and application knowledge to engineering team members for use in development of new and/or modified product.
- Aid as required related to web site development, maintenance, and modifications.
- Create, evaluate, and modify product installation and operating instructions.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, research and reasoning abilities in evaluating product returned from the field for unusual product wear, attack indications, or failure.
- Work closely with the Quality department regarding the reported findings and appropriate corrective actions.
- Evaluate needs and requests for new products and enhancements or modifications to existing products to determine feasibility.
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement methodology supporting latest technology platforms in new and existing products
- Occasional travel as needed to conduct product application support
- Field support as needed
- Skills or experience with personal computers including e-mail, personal scheduling, word processing, spreadsheets, virtual learning/presentation software
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services, NetSuite, SQL, and Windows O/S for operations and trouble shooting
- Written and verbal communication skills, specifically for communicating technical concepts.
- Sound understanding of mechanical and electronic engineering concepts, and the ability to relate them to specific products and applications.
- Ability to understand basic engineering drawings.
- Outgoing and professional manner
- Flexibility to work in a team setting or independently, depending on the needs of the department.
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively in order to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage independent projects.
- Understand and use terminology used by the safe industry and locksmiths; communicate in technical terms to uncover and solve problems.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at a desk and work on a computer.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- The employee must be able and willing to travel both domestic and international, up to 20% (possibility of including some weekends).