Summary of Duties: This position is primarily responsible for preparing patients for their infusion visit, obtaining vital signs, giving injections, and updating electronic medical records.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets patients and prepares them for their infusion visit.
- Assesses patient's general condition, reviews infusion screening questions with patient, medication reconciliation, takes vital signs and weight.
- Maintains infusion room with necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness. Prepares list of medical supplies needed. Prepares equipment and aids infusion nurse during infusion service when appropriate.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area.
- Maintains a professional atmosphere in all aspects of the office, including interaction with infusion nurse, providers, management, patients, and all outside contacts.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs other medical support duties, as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- High School Diploma / Certified Medical Assistant / Medical Terminology
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a medical office.
- Medical Terminology / Electronic Medical records experience preferred.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be standing and walking for most of your work day
Environment/Working Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level is usually moderate. Phones are very busy, and the activity level is frequently high. Involves frequent contact with staff and patients and may require dealing with unhappy patients at times.
- We have modified our offices and follow recommended state and CDC guidelines.
- Covid-19 vaccination per RI Mandate.