*** Kansas State University Foundation has retained Lindauer, an executive search firm, to assist in this search. Consideration of candidates will continue until the position is filled. Candidates should submit, in confidence, a resume and cover letter. Communications, nominations, applications, and inquires concerning this search should be directed to Lauren Haines, Consultant, lhaines@LindauerGlobal.com and Raegan Harvey, Consultant, rharvey@LindauerGlobal.com
As a Certified Great Place to Work, organizational culture and employee engagement is important to us. We strive to harness your talents and build upon your strengths. We offer resources for professional growth so team members can find their purpose, a path to grow, ways to add value and thrive. Work alongside passionate, caring and talented people who trust and challenge one another in our intentional pursuit to be the best.
The Associate Vice President of Corporate and Foundation Development provides vision, strategic leadership, and mentorship to the Corporate and Foundation Relations team. This position builds and leads a results-focused team with a leadership style that champions and builds confidence. The AVP takes an active role in attracting talent to the organization and invests in the professional development of the entire team. This position builds and cultivates positive relationships with campus, the Alumni Association, and Athletics, while empowering their direct reports to do the same. As a leader, set production goals that aim to progressively address the fundraising needs of the University specifically related to K-State research, academic programs, and strategic plans/needs identified by the University. The AVP must be solutions driven and outcome focused and lead with a pioneering spirit.
A day in the life of an AVP could be:
- Initiate, promote, implement, and evaluate strategic initiatives that enlist corporations and foundations to make philanthropic investments in the University.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to drive increased fundraising activity and total contributions.
- Work closely with University administration and volunteer leadership to maximize and optimize fundraising opportunities.
- Implement, promote, and evolve the organization’s fundraising and development methodology.
- Build, support, and maintain a high functioning team in line with the organization budget and growth plans. Partner with talent team as necessary to invest in and engage the team.
- Effectively lead change initiatives.
- Serve as member of the Principal Gift Work Group and Campaign Strategy team.
- Serve as a mentor and role model for all staff, exemplifying the Foundation mission, vision, values and commitment to inclusion and donor stewardship.
- Travel extensively to train frontline staff, acquire, and close gifts.
- May manage staff, including recruitment, retention, performance management, coaching and development. Utilize KSUF resources to facilitate professional development for the team and grow the talent pipeline
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ten years dynamic experience in fundraising with most experience in higher education development
- Track record of success as a major gift and/or principle gift fundraiser with proven responsibility and success in the supervision of a professional fundraising staff
- Tangible experience expanding and cultivating existing donor relationships over time
- Experience leading teams through campaigns with an extensive volunteer base
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to build a team and unite individual contributors with strong personalities and varying levels of experience into a cohesive unit
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal across a myriad of audiences to include university administration and leadership, donors, and corporations
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player who efficiently engages with others at varying levels of seniority within the organization
- Ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- A valid motor vehicle operator's license and acceptable driving record
What we want:
- Master’s or equivalent advance degree
- Experience securing significant corporate philanthropic support from a diverse set of donors and industries to higher education priorities and missions
- Foundation relations experience and knowledge base
- Experience with and track record of secured gifts through deferred vehicles
- Proven success in administration of a diverse major gift fundraising program across multiple constituencies
- High energy and passion for the mission of the organization
- Professional and resourceful style
Commitment to Inclusion and Belonging
The Foundation is committed to providing opportunities for all employees to succeed by creating an environment that is inclusive and draws upon the strength of the diverse backgrounds and personal experiences of our team.
Managers cultivate a supportive, welcoming, inclusive, and equitable work environment by modeling inclusive behaviors, setting expectations of direct reports, and responding to non-inclusive behavior. In our pursuit to build and maintain a high-performing team, managers are responsible for fostering an environment where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
- Travel required
- Manhattan, Kansas
Why work at Kansas State University Foundation?
- A strengths-based, engagement-focused and performance-oriented culture
- A work environment that embraces flexibility inside of a framework
- Mission-driven work that changes the lives of people around the world
- Competitive benefits package including health, dental, company paid life insurance, and a variety of voluntary benefits
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% company contribution
- Company paid HSA contributions
- Paid leave including vacation, sick, personal and volunteer
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Paid holidays
- Tuition and certification assistance
- Paid, ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Access to extensive online library of technical and soft skill courses through LinkedIn Learning
- $300 annual wellness program reimbursement
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Adoption assistance program
- An onsite 24/7 access fitness center