Compensation: $12.00 per hour plus tip opportunity.
Are you an active listener who enjoys connecting with people? Do you thrive on providing service in a fast-paced environment? Are you eager to grow with a unique and expanding organization?
At Journeyman Distillery, we seek to be the leader in authentic hospitality for the Midwest. We pride ourselves in our ability to know everything about our craft and its history. We continue to grow our collection of hospitality experiences across multiple locations and are excited to expand our efforts into new product segments such as boutique gin, craft beer, lodging, large events, and more complex spirit production.
The Host/Retail position at Journeyman is the friendly face of the company, the first impression, setting the stage for the desired experience of each and every guest. They are problem solvers, providing information, direction, and recommendations to guests as they come and go. A great candidate for this role will use their craft knowledge and salesmanship to connect with guests, apply understanding to the needs of the moment and find the perfect solution and product for our destination traveler.
At Journeyman Distillery, we believe hard work and dedication deserve to be rewarded. To that end, we provide a comprehensive benefits and incentives package.
Here’s a peek at what you will receive as a Journeyman employee:
- Outstanding Growth Opportunity!
- Paid Time Off – begins accruing on Day 1
- 401(k) with Employer Match available Day 1
- Medical Insurance – 30+ hours/week
- Dental, Vision, Life, Supplemental Insurance options – 20+ hours/week
- Free Monthly Bottle of Spirit (21+)
- Unlimited $300 Referral Bonuses
- Loyalty Incentives (ask about our 5-Year Bottle Reward!)
- 25% Employee Discount
- Monthly Founders' Tour with Bill and Johanna Welter
- Annual Employee Putting Competition
- 3 Annual Employee Parties
- Shoes for Crews (Affordable Footwear)
All team members must uphold and embody Journeyman’s Core Values which represent the culture, attitude, and immediate priorities ensuring our cohesion and success.
- Having a positive attitude that no challenge is too great
- Understanding that goals worth pursuing are never easy; that perseverance, grit, and determination are essential to success
- There is no substitute for grit and putting in the time and effort. Good things will come from those efforts
- 10,000-hour rule. Malcom Gladwell: it takes 10,000 hours of intensive practice to be great
ALWAYS A JOURNEYMAN
- Excellence is a lifelong pursuit and mastery is an illusion
- The joy is in the daily work and pursuit of excellence, not in the final destination
- A focus on continual improvement and doing our best
- Treating every customer with the mindset that they are the business’s 1st ever customer
- Treating customers with authenticity, kindness, warmth, care, friendliness; engaging, helpful and willing to offer a magical experience
- Clean facilities
- Being available to the customer and timely responses in any capacity
- This mindset extends to our vendors, suppliers, partners, and especially our fellow employees
- Never take the customer or employee for granted
- 362 and 59:59+ We are open to our customers 362 days a year and we set an unwavering standard of serving our customers up till the last closing second 59:59+ and beyond if needed.
- Taking pride and ownership in your work
- Engagement and active participation in your work and company activities
- Being a positive force in the workplace; creating a culture of positivity
- Extending common courtesy to self, employees, vendors, and guests
- Being an evangelist and promoter of the company and brand
- Greet guests in a friendly fashion and welcoming manner in order to determine their needs.
- Share knowledge and information of Journeyman Distillery products and company history including the Featherbone Factory building, and E.K. Warren.
- Understand and communicate to guests our available food and beverage products, as well as Journeyman/Staymaker accommodations and services.
- Nurture an excellent guest experience.
- Seat guests or putting them on a wait as necessary.
- Ensure availability of menus, preparing them with special cards as necessary.
- Communicate information relevant to reservations, large parties, events, etc. to all staff members.
- Operate point-of-sale system, seating system, and tour reservation software.
- Accurately handle cash and credit card transactions.
- Take to-go orders, answer guest queries, and take messages over the phone.
- Stock product areas and replenish displays of items to be sold.
- Clear tables after guests. Take tableware to dish room and place silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in appropriate location.
- Keep entrances to building and workspace clean and welcoming throughout shift.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND VISUAL SKILLS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must speak English fluently, and be able to write in basic English.
- Good organizational skills and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use logical or rational thinking to solve problems.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to visually inspect food and beverage orders, read order forms and ensure that orders comply with the customer’s request.
- Ability to stand for 6-8 hours
- Ability to perform moderate physical work; may be required to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, up to 30 pounds frequently and up to 25 pounds of food trays carrying over their head constantly and performing such activities as bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and grasping for up to five hours without sitting.