ImOn Communications is the LOCAL choice for cable TV, high-speed Internet and phone service. We value the relationships we have with colleagues, customers, and members of our community and look forward to serving Eastern Iowa for many years to come. As we expand our service availability we are looking for a Senior Accountant to be a part of the ImOn Difference!employees share a passion for building a culture of “Creating Connections One Person at a Time” and fostering a fun and rewarding work environment.
The Senior Accountant coordinates and administers the activities of accounts payable, payroll, inventory and fixed asset processes while also assisting with the month-end close and other accounting functions.
Essential Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Enter accounts payable invoices into accounting system with proper coding.
- Review all invoices for appropriate internal approvals and proper tax charges. Manage necessary corrections or discrepancies.
- Manage timely payment of all invoices, including disbursement of weekly check run.
- Assist in tracking of expenses such as utilities, credit card purchases, etc.
- Process and pay quarterly use tax.
- Process and pay semi-monthly sales and excise taxes.
- Process and pay monthly franchise and E911 fees.
- Calculate and submit required subscriber count information to programming vendors.
- Calculate monthly business commissions and quarterly bonuses.
- Calculate monthly referral vendor commissions. Work with business sales on any issues.
- Update hub lease payment amounts as necessary using CPI calculation.
- Assist with work papers during annual audit.
- Process and send out 1099 forms.
- Manage bi-weekly payroll processing, including verification of necessary approvals.
- Enter miscellaneous items such as expense reimbursements, bonuses, etc. into Paylocity.
- Import payroll data into Paylocity making sure to balance before posting.
- Submit payroll before established deadline with Paylocity.
Inventory / Fixed Assets:
- Open and close capital projects based on information received from Project Manager.
- Match up all packing slips with invoices to verify validity before entering into accounting system. Manage any discrepancies with warehouse staff and/or vendors.
- Process daily inventory pick sheets in the accounting system with proper coding.
- Coordinate and manage the Company’s inventory counts.
- Prepare journal entries for month end close process.
- Prepare various month-end reconciliations and follow-up on variances.
- Perform P&L variance analysis and assist in the interpretation of the results.
- Ensure accuracy of financial data and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Back up and periodically perform Assistant Controller’s job responsibilities.
- Back up and periodically perform Billing Associate’s job responsibilities.
- Back up and periodically perform Senior Buyer’s job responsibilities.
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and a professionally skeptic mindset
- High business acumen and analytical thought process
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work with different types of employees
- Ability to maintain a high-level of professionalism regardless of the situation
- Understanding of need to maintain confidential information
- Desire to be challenged and to learn in fast paced environment
- Ability to think “outside the box”
Required Experience, Training, and Special Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance with 5 years of work experience in related field
- Certified Public Accountant designation desired
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls over financial reporting desired
- Public accounting experience in Audit/Assurance desired
- Microsoft Dynamics GP experience preferred but not required
- Must be extremely proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.)
In addition to competitive pay, ImOn offers health & dental insurance, 401(k), discounted Cable, Internet & Phone services, and additional perks such as FREE vision and life insurance as well as FREE short term/long term disability, vacation & holiday pay, and community volunteer opportunities. If you are interested in being a part of the ImOn Difference, apply today!