Title: Clinical Director Created Date: 7/24/2014
Salary: $68,000-$73,000 Plus Benefits
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer Revision Date: 5/13/2019
Supervises: Counselors, Clinical Interns, EES Staff FLSA Classification: Exempt
Full/Part-time: Full-time Hours per Week Expected: 40+
Purpose of Position:
Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day activities for the clinical licensed staff within the direct services departments of S.T.A.R and Licensed Associate Counselor. Oversight of hiring recommendations for these direct service staff; ensure expenses are in alignment with budgets for clinical staff and each staff person is meeting or exceeding productivity levels. Confirms that all clinical services are rendered by trained and supervised peer support and credentialed clinical staff. Provides clinical supervision to all direct service BHT and BHPP staff in a group setting at least three times per month and to licensed staff as needed in both one-on-one and group settings. Reviews written clinical supervisions of direct service staff and observes counseling sessions as needed. Coordinates with the Area Manager to identify clinical reviews, monitors and recommendations for clinical training for direct service staff to successfully perform their duties. Reviews and provides oversight to maintain and improve the clinical quality and array of services within the direct service programs. Ensures our recovery-oriented practices are in-line with the SAMHSA evidence-based practices for consumer-operated programs and state and contractual requirements.
· Provides overall clinical guidance to STAR as well as develops programs and services to develop clinical skills in cutting edge evidence-based practices in our overall agency.
· Actively involved with the interviewing, hiring and development of all direct service clinical staff. Helps grow staff for future career opportunities and advancement.
· Provides direct clinical oversight of all direct service departments within S.T.A.R.
· Communicate well in a clear and consistent manner with all levels of STAR staff, our members, other programs, regulatory entities, and the general public.
· Provides a minimum of $1500 of encounters per month through clinically appropriate billing for allowable claims for clinical recommendations, and direct coordination of care or other clinical services that may include any combination of Counseling, One-on-One or group advanced clinical skills building.
· Meets with other agency and state officials to maintain/develop strong ongoing partnerships
· Ensures that each center is focusing services around the mission, vision and values of S.T.A.R. and in line with strategic planning and contract objectives.
· Attends Stand Together And Recover, Inc. Board Meetings and shares information in a written report about what is working or not working clinically and recommends options to resolve barriers.
· Assists in the development of budgets for departments in collaboration with managers, leadership team and in-line with strengthening STAR as an outcome focused agency and within all Federal, State and contractual requirements.
· Review all direct service clinical supervisions, member disruptions, and clinical staff incident reports. Provide redirection and education as needed.
· Provide direct clinical supervision of licensed associate counselor(s) that develops their skills and qualifies towards the LAC staff person to become independently licensed.
· Regularly reviews new regulations, contractual service agreements and makes recommendations to modifications or the creation of STAR policies and procedures to HR and the CEO.
· Reviews all externally created Assessments and Treatment Plans within 48 hours of receipt to approve and sign off on to meet OBHL guidelines. Will complete or ensure completion of any modified clinical assessment and/or treatment plan as needed for STAR services for new members.
· Contacts S.T.A.R. Site Managers and Primary Clinic/PCP leadership to reduce clinical barriers as needed.
· Active and equal partner of the STAR Leadership Team under the leadership of the CEO.
· Provides clinical training to S.T.A.R. Site Managers, direct service managers, and other staff as needed.
· Provides at least monthly written supervisions to direct reports.
· Provides Independent licensed supervision to clinical staff to assist in providing sound best practice service to our membership and help associate level clinical staff to obtain their own independent license.
· Oversees the planning and is essential in supervising all intensive recovery events and retreats for members.
· Weekly status report to CEO with summary of productivity outcomes
· Other duties include:
- Attend Monthly member council and Member meetings, provide guidance to support member services.
- Maintain and update the BHT credentialing and training compliance.
- Schedule weekly visits to the Centers and Special program facilities.
Company Driver? Yes
Safety Sensitive? Yes
Transports Clients? Yes
Regularly Frequently Occasionally Rarely
Reaching – with Arms & Hands
Vision (Close, Peripheral, Depth, Ability to Adjust Focus)
Lifting up to 10 lbs.
Lifting 10-25 lbs.
Lifting 25-50 lbs.
Lifting more than 50 lbs.
Master’s Degree in Counseling Required
5 or more years of supervision experience Required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced computer skills
- Knowledge of public behavioral health programs and services
- Subject matter expert of OBHL/AHCCCS clinical licensing rules
- Excellent time management, organizational and communication skills
- Must be professional, display leadership qualities
- Work independently, and be a team player
- Proven clinical and supervisory skills
Professional Certifications & Licenses:
AZ Board of Behavioral Health Examiners Independent Licensure Required
AZ Board of Behavioral Health Examiners approved Clinical Supervisor Required
Mental Health – personal lived experience (Bona Fide Occupational Qualification) Preferred
Peer Certification Preferred
At least 21 years of age (Bona Fide Occupational Qualification) Required
Valid AZ Driver’s License Required
CPR/First Aid Certification Required
Criminal Background Verification Required
Pre-Hire and Random Drug/Alcohol Screening Required