Who We Are
Bakkt is a trusted digital asset platform that enables consumers to buy, sell, store, send and spend digital assets. Bakkt’s platform, is available through the Bakkt App and to partners through the Bakkt platform.
Bakkt was founded in 2018 with a unifying vision: to connect the digital economy. We power commerce by enabling consumers, businesses and institutions to unlock value from digital assets.
Digital assets – which include cryptocurrency, loyalty and rewards points, gift cards, in-game assets, and non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, which are unique digital assets that are not interchangeable – comprise a growing $1.6 trillion marketplace. We are unlocking new ways to participate in the digital economy for consumers, businesses, and financial institutions. We accomplish this by expanding access to and improving liquidity for digital assets.
Since our inception, we have hit a number of milestones, working behind the scenes to build a platform worthy of our vision – lowering barriers of entry into cryptocurrency, launching partnerships with some of the world’s premier brands and adding value to consumers’ digital assets by making their rewards and loyalty programs more compelling.
Bakkt acts as a profound bridge connecting the digital ecosystem and sitting at the intersection of crypto, loyalty and payments. Our platform enables consumers to leverage their digital assets – from cryptocurrency, to select loyalty points, gift cards and merchant offers – in new and exciting ways. It also enables companies & merchants to access all of these capabilities, extending engagement with their customers, creating moments of delight while broadening the appeal and daily use of their loyalty and rewards programs. Now, let’s get to the real reason why you’re here – how we can work together.
As a Software Engineer 4 - Backend , you will develop platform capabilities at Bakkt. In this role you will work closely with product teams to understand customer preferences and business requirements – analyzing options, documenting specifications, and implementing decisions.
- Provide leadership and expertise across a suite of products
- Analyze, design, implement, test and support production business applications
- Work closely with stakeholders in the payments and blockchain space to understand business and functional requirements
- Ensure technology solutions align with business requirements and create technical documentation to present design proposals and explain architectural decisions
- Future technology leaders- dynamic individuals energized by fast paced personal and professional growth
- 5+ years as a Backend Java developer
- Experience in HTML5, CSS 3, Git, JBOSS-EAP, Spring Boot / Cloud
- Expertise in Persistence Technologies such as Spring Data, Hibernate, JPA, and JDBC
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems in a highly-technical customer focused service environment
- Experience in Azure cloud and Azure API Gateway management tool
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering
- Experience working with financial services products such as payments, blockchain, and retail loyalty systems preferred.
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law. Must successfully pass a post-offer background check and drug screen.