Who We Are
Bakkt is a trusted digital asset platform that enables consumers to buy, sell, store, send and spend digital assets. Bakkt’s platform, is available through the Bakkt App and to partners through the Bakkt platform. Bakkt was founded in 2018 with a unifying vision: to connect the digital economy. We power commerce by enabling consumers, businesses and institutions to unlock value from digital assets.
Digital assets – which include cryptocurrency, loyalty and rewards points, gift cards, in-game assets, and non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, which are unique digital assets that are not interchangeable – comprise a growing $1.6 trillion marketplace. We are unlocking new ways to participate in the digital economy for consumers, businesses, and financial institutions. We accomplish this by expanding access to and improving liquidity for digital assets.
Since our inception, we have hit a number of milestones, working behind the scenes to build a platform worthy of our vision – lowering barriers of entry into cryptocurrency, launching partnerships with some of the world’s premier brands and adding value to consumers’ digital assets by making their rewards and loyalty programs more compelling.
Bakkt acts as a profound bridge connecting the digital ecosystem and sitting at the intersection of crypto, loyalty and payments. Our platform enables consumers to leverage their digital assets – from cryptocurrency, to select loyalty points, gift cards and merchant offers – in new and exciting ways. It also enables companies & merchants to access all of these capabilities, extending engagement with their customers, creating moments of delight while broadening the appeal and daily use of their loyalty and rewards programs. Now, let’s get to the real reason why you’re here – how we can work together.
Infrastructure Engineer 5 will bring a broad skillset to managing company infrastructure and making the transition from primarily on-premises to cloud-first. You will have a strong background in network infrastructure and broad familiarity with server technologies and Windows Active Directory (currently a hybrid AD). Familiarity with cloud platforms and technology (especially Google GCP and Microsoft Azure) will be very beneficial. We are looking for strong “technology athletes” who can operate at very deep level in several areas described below.
You will bring your skills to both administer and build network and shared infrastructure components and will need to be able to assist with the design, creation, and transition to a cloud-first architecture in the next year.
- Hands-on delivery of network infrastructure and associate technologies
- Key contributor to the design and implementation of a cloud-first infrastructure
- Execute improvements in current technologies and make changes as needed to meet the needs of the business
- Monitor and respond to critical network events when needed
- Assist in the transition and rationalization of multiple existing domains resulting from company growth
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with Active Directory services
- Work closely with the security team to ensure our current and future designs support their recommendations and requirements
You should be able to demonstrate capability with the following tools and technologies:
Network (CCNA or better):
- Cisco ISR, ASR, Nexus, and Catalyst configuration, troubleshooting, and upgrade
- Knowledge of OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, SD-WAN, VOIP, HSRP, VRF, DHCP, ARP, Spanning Tree, VLAN, LACP, virtual interfaces, DMVPN Tunnels, Packet Capture via CLI and/or Wireshark
- Cisco ASA configuration and troubleshooting of AnyConnect, Site-to-site VPN, ACLs, Failover, DNS, DHCP, and software upgrade for ASA and ASDM – For both single and multi-context devices
- Familiar with Cisco Meraki wireless, switches, and routers
- Knowledge of A10 Load Balancers
- Familiar with SPF, DKIM and DMARC implementation
- Windows Active Directory, Azure AD, AD Connect (group policy development and deployment, troubleshooting sync issues, Active Directory Certificate services)
- Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 configuration and troubleshooting distribution groups, user, room and shared mailboxes, User Archives, Retention Policies
- Familiarity with SharePoint and OneDrive administration
- VMWare installation and troubleshooting
- Storage (iSCSI, NFS), Synology NAS
- Cisco UCS and Hyperflex
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law. Must successfully pass a post-offer background check and drug screen.