We started Blokable in 2016 to make quality housing attainable for everyone. We develop housing to force the market to work. Our unique Blokable Building System (BBS) unlocks previously unavailable efficiencies through standardized, prefab housing components called Bloks which we use to manufacture multi-family residential buildings, real estate, and communities. We don’t sell our Bloks into the industry; we are vertically integrated housing developers, developing both market-rate and not-for-profit projects. By vertically integrating the development process and leveraging our internally developed and manufactured prefabricated building system we generate enormous efficiencies in the development process and create real estate equity. The newly created real estate equity creates wealth for our business, stakeholders, and the communities we build. This is a new paradigm for housing creation and a real solution for the housing crisis.
To learn more about our business model we encourage you to review our website and to watch this video: https://vimeo.com/341024376/61a3854170
The Blokable Building System is a precise, high-performance volumetric assembly that ships from our factory as a 95% complete living unit, requiring a minimum of site work to install and finish. We use structural and non-structural steel for multi-story structure, non-combustible walls, floors, and ceilings, and have an internally engineered hardware and software platform that allows owners to monitor building safety, security, and performance in real time. Our office is located in Sacramento. We're continually improving as we move from construction to manufacturing, adding manufacturing processes and specifications and preparing to expand our manufacturing capacity.
Blokable is well financed by world class, mission aligned investors including Vulcan Capital , Kapor Capital , Launch , Revolution Ventures , Building Ventures , Urban.us , Ferguson Ventures , and others. The people of Blokable come from a broad range of backgrounds including real estate development, finance, architecture, product design, engineering, technology, law, manufacturing, and construction. We work for each other and have all joined Blokable to work every day on the housing problem. We have very ambitious goals and a clear, though challenging path ahead to force the housing market to work.
Check us out in Forbes!
We are seeking a zealous, devoted candidate to join our team who is imaginative, a critical thinker, self-starter, and team player. This is a tremendous opportunity with immense vocational growth and to work closely with designers, engineers, business professionals, and real estate leaders where success means being part of the solution to solving the housing crisis.
Are you an individual who possesses the following characteristics?
- Constant drive for knowledge
- Ability to approach common challenges with creativity and constructive criticism
- Problem solver with the ability to keep the big picture in mind
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Provide ideas independently and in a team environment.
- Foster’s professional and personal respect while upholding our values which include Fearless, Fierce Commitment and One Mission
The BIM Coordinator will execute strategies and provide integrated service solutions with the product team on projects leveraging skill sets in Building Information Modeling and Construction. They will lead the coordination and transition of projects, utilizing virtual building models and related technologies assisting design and construction. This position will perform clash detection, as-built modeling, coordination, scheduling, Blokable assemblies, content, and standards generation, and generally guide project teams to realize the 3D/4D/5D/6D benefits and apply it to design and construction processes within our projects.
Specific functions and responsibilities:
- Participate as a core member between product design and production processes developed in order to enable continual improvement, simplification, and scalability of the Blokable Building System.
- Execute Blokable’s strategic goal to transition from construction processes to manufacturing processes
- Serve as software expert in Building information and CAD processes
Skills / Competencies:
- Proven leadership and track record of successful BIM project execution and management
- Track record of working on a diverse team from individual contributor to coordinating multiple internal and external disciplines for the design and construction industry
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree, Engineering Disciplines, Architecture, or a BIM related field; or 7+years of equivalent experience.
- 3+ years' experience as a BIM Coordinator or Manager
- 3+years' working for an AE firm utilizing BIM Processes
- Proficient managing Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD and BIM 360
- Understanding of construction and Revit MEP design
- StrucSoft or other Revit structural experience
- Understanding of Inventor and Autodesk Vault
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
We offer unlimited potential for motivated professionals, great compensation, and full benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.