Use your warehousing and logistics experience and can-do approach to problem solving to support us address the waste problem and drive a circular economy through recycling
Our mission is to “Eliminate the Idea of Waste". We’re a global social enterprise working with businesses to adopt a circular supply chain by sourcing recycling solutions for hard-to-recycle waste such as pens, razor blades, toothbrushes, beauty product packaging - even cigarette butts and marine plastics!
We’ve partnered with well-known household brands such as L'Oréal, P&G and Colgate, to transform their collected packaging into new products like outdoor furniture, playgrounds and park benches, diverting materials that would otherwise be incinerated or end up in landfill.
We're looking for a solution-oriented, problem-solver, who can use their data management and relationship building skills to coordinate movement of our recycled materials from customers to recycling facilities. You will be regularly liaising with our suppliers in material recycling, logistics, and warehousing to support successful collection and re-purposing or recycling though our TerraCycle programs.
This is a Full Time role, reporting to the Head of Operations for TerraCycle ANZ.
You will be responsible for:
LOGISTICS & SUPPLY CHAIN
- Support the Head of Operations to implement innovative recycling solutions for products and packaging to be recycled within ANZ.
- Support the Head of Operations to build strategic partnerships with manufacturers and processing companies
- Coordinate and audit processes with third party recycling, storage and warehouse suppliers
- Stay up to date with the machinery and equipment required for the specific recycling processes (shredders, extruders etc.) to be able to efficiently adapt processes as needed at implementation
- Audit the logistics & supply chain processes across ANZ to maintain compliance, reduce costs and improve the quality of services provided
- Support onboarding of new suppliers
- Support internal teams to provide accurate product, pricing, and functionality information to be shared with current or prospective clients
- Support feasibility assessments, pricing record-keeping and relationship management across vendors and suppliers
FINANCE AND BUSINESS OPERATIONS
- Support financial management of the business by ensuring end of month payments, reconciliations and reports are accurately completed and in a timely manner
- Follow and improve standard operating procedures and policies to support day-to-day business operations and processes
- Support supply of office equipment to new and current staff with the support of the Operations Associate
- Support compliance with WHS and safety procedures within the office
At heart you are a creative problem-solver willing to dig into the details to find a solution. You are motivated to use your skills to find solutions to address the waste crisis.
- 1-2 years’ experience in warehousing / logistics
- 1-2 years’ experience in an operations or similar capacity
- Proven ability to assess and order priorities, juggle multiple tasks, anticipate/plan ahead and project manage in a highly changing environment is a MUST.
- Understanding/experience in waste management/recycling/sustainability industries is preferable, but not mandatory. You will be trained and fully supported.
- Having experience is important, but the attitude is right up there, too. We want to work with like-minded sunny, personable, yes people who are game for tackling far-fetched ideas and turning them into reality.
- Ability to travel occasionally interstate and overseas
What we offer
- Entrepreneurial start up environment with strong growth opportunities
- Annual bonus gift
- Flexible work hours
- Summer Fridays, half-day off – compressed working week throughout summer months
- 2 paid volunteer days off per year
- 2 working from home days per week
- Vegan/vegetarian lunch provided at the office
- Happiness manager-led regular social activities
- Dog friendly office
- Casual dress code
- Mental health sick days
- Endless recycling options!
Submit your CV and a brief cover letter explaining your interest and your relevant experience. You will be asked a number of pre-screening questions.