Job Title: Senior Director, Brand Partnerships
Position Type: Full Time
Job Location: Trenton, NJ or Toronto, Canada
Reports to: Vice President, Account Management, North America
TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®.
Headquartered in Trenton, N.J. and operating in over 21 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in waste management. It partners with many of the world’s largest consumer product companies and retailers to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of hard-to-recycle waste streams. By working with manufacturers, retailers, governments and consumers, TerraCycle is able to collect and recycle just about every waste stream, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts, that would otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators.
TerraCycle’s global reuse platform Loop partners with brands and retailers to move from a disposable to durable supply chain and enables consumers to purchase a wide range of everyday products in reusable packaging. Loop has engaged many of the world's largest consumer product companies such as P&G, Nestlé, Unilever, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola and Mondelez, and many of the world’s largest retailers in this platform. Loop is currently available in the U.S, France, Canada, Japan and the UK.
TerraCycle has received hundreds of awards and recognition and has been highlighted in some of the world's most recognized media outlets, including CNN, Wall St. Journal, Reuters.com, New York Times, Forbes, Time and thousands of others.
- 7+ years of professional experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including creation & presentation of PowerPoint slide decks
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Agile mindset, flexible and easily adaptable to new challenges
- Personable, trustworthy and adaptable
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities in a dynamic, rapidly evolving work environment
- Previous client management, brand marketing or agency experience
- Strategic thinker who can set direction and long-term growth strategies, but also cares about the details, can switch between high level planning & thinking and tactical work
- Clear communicator with ability to adjust approach depending on the audience (from junior team members to senior leadership and clients)
- Humble enough to learn about TerraCycle's recycling program structure and value levers, and confident enough to share inputs and new and/or innovative ideas
- Collaborative thinker, who can adapt hypothesis based on new information, and partner with other leaders in the organization to target new opportunities
Oversee a portfolio of accounts, supported by a team of Managers / Associates
- Manage a portfolio of 50+ accounts across a team of 4-6 Managers / Associates, owning some high priority, key strategic accounts directly
- Demonstrate ownership of KPIs for portfolio
- Partner with other Directors/Senior Directors and team leadership to set your portfolio strategy and grow value and impact, measured through annual recycling revenue, client satisfaction, and program renewals
- Partner with other Directors/Senior Directors and team leadership to evaluate total regional portfolio, and identify opportunities / tests / pilots
- Drive tactical actions based on strategic direction from organization and team leadership
- Manage senior-level client contacts and support and/or lead C-level and conversations
- Manage program risks together with Managers/Associates, escalating appropriately to team leadership
- Responsible for the hiring, onboarding, and continued development of your team
- Lead cross-functional company initiatives in partnership with other teams, e.g., to standardize processes and reporting
- Work effectively with cross functional teams including Marketing, Operations, Finance, and IT to execute and monitor recycling programs
- Salaried position with annual incentive
- Generous paid time off
- Company subsidized medical and insurance plan
- Company matched 401(k) contributions
TerraCycle requires all employees to provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, or have a valid religious or medical reason for being exempt.
TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion.
Note: International candidates must be eligible to work in their country of employment. At this time TerraCycle does not provide for visa sponsorships.
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.