Staff Accountant (Summer 2023)
The Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing and analyzing financial reports and tax returns for individuals and companies. Review the company’s financial reports to ensure there are no discrepancies.
- Develop an understanding of the business and the accounts role
- Develop technical skills both on the job and through formal learning channels
- Build relationships with managers, co-workers, and clients
- Actively pursue self-development opportunities
- Maintain and audit company financial records
- Oversee and analyze budget and financial management
- Perform duties related to bookkeeping, preparation of audits, taxes, and financial planning
- Recommend fiscally advantageous methods for tax planning/savings
- Prepare business/personal tax returns and analyze financial information to ensure taxes are paid on time
- Analyze account for errors, misinformation, and overspending
- Report financial information to management
- Act as a consultant in areas such as compensation, benefits, and asset protection
- 0 - 3 years of current public accounting experience
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA Certification; or eligible to sit for the CPA exam
- Proficiency with computerized accounting software and MS Office
- Strong client rapport and project management skills
- Strong technical knowledge and skills
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to articulate complex accounting information to all levels of clients
- CPA or CPA in progress
- Regular same day travel for work at client’s facilities, meetings, and seminars is required using personal vehicle.
- On a rare occasion, out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at clients, meetings or seminars is required using personal vehicle.
- This position requires employees to have their own means of transportation.
- This is an onsite position that provides employees the opportunity to work flexible schedules and work remotely as necessary.