Senior Test Engineer (Job Code ST)
Air Comm Corporation has an immediate opening for a Senior Test Engineer to work from our Boulder and Westminster offices. Air Comm operates an environmental test lab to facilitate the design of efficient environmental control systems, thermal and air management equipment, including blowers, motors, and valves to insure that customer specifications are precisely met. Our facility is capable of testing a variety of air conditioning technologies, including split-systems, packaged air conditioners and heat pumps, compressor optimization, water cooled condenser systems, and refrigerant-to-water loops. Our environmental lab can effectively simulate any environment on earth. By operating our systems in our test lab, our engineers are able to refine system design to achieve maximum efficiency and performance.
Candidate must possess the ability to apply engineering standards, techniques and procedures in the testing of climate control systems in weight and performance-critical environments. Must be able to generate clear technical reports and other documents and have excellent verbal communication skills. Candidate will interface with OEM personnel and should be comfortable in a highly dynamic team environment.
• Supervise staff and oversight of off-site Test facility and employees
• Technical leadership of the engineering, drafting and design functions.
• Monitor existing programs and provides test support for the Project Engineers.
• Create and maintain Test Group budget.
• Responsible for the hiring and termination of personnel.
• Identify process improvements.
• Approve drawings, qualification/performance/endurance test plans, reports, and other project substantiating project data.
• Coordinate the verification and validation efforts to show compliance to project requirements such as qualification/performance/endurance test set up and execution.
• Liaison for contract Designated Engineering Representatives and associated test plan approvals.
• Oversight of STC testing. Examples include: EMI Test, Pressure Test, EMC/Ground Test, Flammable Fluids, Lightning, and Rotor Burst.
• Approve DO-160, -178, and -254 qualification test plans.
• Coordinate with DAR’s and QA for hardware, test setup, test fixtures and installation conformities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical, Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical or other applicable Engineering discipline from an accredited college or university required. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum 6 years of direct product design and engineering experience required.
• Minimum 5 years project management experience required.
• Minimum 3 years coordination test efforts experience required.
• Minimum 3 years working in a supervisory role.
• Technical aptitude and familiarity with tolerances and engineering standards to ASME Y14.5-2009 required.
• Must have high level familiarity with Aircraft design processes and practices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Working Knowledge of Solid Works and EPDM preferred.
• Familiarity with MS-Office, MS-Project and other software tools strongly preferred.
• MS-Project training or certification preferred.
• Project Management certification preferred.
• Must have the ability to handle multiple high-priority efforts simultaneously.
• Experience with Environmental Control Systems (ECS) product design preferred.
• Experience in aviation industry preferred.
• Experience in DO-160 and Mil-STD-810 testing preferred.
• Ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and maintain cooperative working relationships.
• Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
• Commitment to quality, safety, and ethical behavior.
Air Comm Corporation (ACC) is a privately held company founded in 1987 to meet the needs of helicopter operators seeking solutions to problems commonly found in factory-installed environmental control systems. Today, ACC is the industry leader in the development and manufacture of state-of-the-art bleed air heaters and vapor-cycle air conditioners for a range of aerospace applications, including fixed-wing and rotorcraft platforms.
ACC develops environmental control systems and provides mission-critical components and engineering solutions for military and commercial aerospace customers. Additionally, ACC has specialized expertise in fluid mass flow analysis, electro/ mechanical system design, development and production. Other capabilities include CNC tube fabrication, wire harness fabrication, circuit breaker/relay/control panel design and production, engineering, and testing services. The ACC test facility has a 120,000 BTUH air conditioning psychometric test chamber, a state of the art vibration table, harsh environment, EMI, and other test capabilities. The split psychometric chambers are designed for testing either individual components or complete systems to show real-time performance, efficiency, and identify areas where optimization can be realized.
Our success is based on leading edge innovation and elegant design, with a focus on quality and reliability, unparalleled customer support and unmatched value. Every ACC system is FAA approved via FAA Supplemental Type Certificate, or as part of the manufacturer’s aircraft Type Certificate. The company is ISO9000/AS-9100 certified. ACC customers include manufacturers, major operators, customizing centers, and the U.S. Military.
What Sets Us Apart:
We do the right thing when no one is looking. Personal integrity is non-negotiable here.
At ACC, we offer a competitive salary in exchange for your best work and we pay a significant portion of insurance benefits. Full-time employees have access to great benefits including; health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, life, disability, 401(k), and wellness reimbursements.
ACC is a rapidly-growing, dynamic, and forward-thinking company in beautiful Westminster, CO. Our office is accessible from I-25 and within 1 mile of public transportation. We have a professional, hardworking, and fun environment - We work hard and play hard! Team members celebrate 9 holidays annually and earn vacation and personal time off. We hold fun monthly company events and every Friday is casual dress.
Air Comm Corporation
1575 W. 124th Ave Ste 210
Westminster, CO 80234
AIR COMM CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
In accordance with U.S. export control laws, Air Comm Corporation has determined that the position for which you are applying may require exposure to U.S.- origin controlled technology. To comply with these requirements, Air Comm may require employees to be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (“green card holder”), an asylee, refugee or other protected person.