WE ARE HIRING….
CCAP Mission Statement - To empower all people and communities, challenged by poverty as well as social and cultural barriers, through advocacy, education, and access to high quality health and human services.
Provides nutrition information and education materials designed to improve health status, achieve positive change in dietary habits and emphasize links between nutrition and health, all in keeping with the individual's personal, cultural, and socioeconomic preferences. The nutritionist performs nutrition assessments of all WIC participants.
This is a full time 35 hrs/week position and the pay rate is $21.00/hour.
- Minimum of BS Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Licensure in State of Rhode Island, preferred
- Basic computer knowledge
- Skilled in anthropometric and hematological (lead and iron) measures
- Extensive verbal and written communication with patients so they understand information provided.
- Able to enter computer data and typed SOAP notes.
- Must review studies and keep updated with appropriate nutrition materials.
Generally sedentary office work, some manual dexterity for keyboard work and pricking children and adults for blood work. Ability to carry boxes of checks to load in printer. Must be available for appropriate training at RIDH. Moderate physical activity: walking, standing, stooping, occasional lifting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. Significant exposure to blood borne pathogens, respiratory diseases, and other infectious diseases and other biohazardous material requiring universal standard precautions.
WORK SCHEDULE DEMANDS
- This is a full time position, part time when approved by the Director.
- Some evenings required, no overtime.
- Nutritionist must stay to ensure proper reporting and customer service.
- Expected to provide services in both Family Health Services / WIC locations.
CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION
Nutritionist has full access to patient medical and WIC records for accurate counseling. Maintains confidentiality of all materials in accordance with State and Federal laws and CCAP policies and procedures
- Evaluates nutritional status of WIC clients.
- Provides nutrition education to achieve a positive change in dietary habits
- Problem solves patient related concerns and refers appropriately
- Assigns food packages on individual basis to WIC participants
- Troubleshoots computer problems with QWIC system
- Accountable for patient flow and client satisfaction of WIC office in absence of WIC Coordinator
- Participated in JCAHO work groups, WIC staff meetings, Health Center staff meetings.
- Ensures compliance with State / Federal , JCAHO standards
- OSHA and Infection control standards
- Participate in JCAHO quality improvement committee meetings
- Other duties assigned as needed
CCAP is dedicated to the goal of building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce committed to caring for patients in a manner that is respectful of cultural difference. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes 403(b), health insurance, vision and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, health reimbursement accounts, tuition reimbursement up to $1,000 annually, Employee Assistance Program, generous vacation, sick and personal days, and 12 paid holidays for all full-time and some benefits are included for part-time employees.