The League Representative will be responsible for serving as the liaison to Michigan credit unions to strengthen relationships and affiliation, promote key initiatives, provide sales leads for MCULSC and its preferred partners. This position will also advise on benefits and provide recommendations of “best practices” and information for products/services and member credit unions.
This position will be based at home within the UP or Northern Michigan region to support the credit unions in that area. There will travel required to assigned credit unions in Northern Michigan and to the company office in Lansing.
Our company policy requires all new hire to submit proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on their start date. Our company adheres to all guidelines from government agencies, including the EEOC and respects religious or ADA exemptions/accommodations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet with credit unions and staff to present/demonstrate new products/services and work with credit union staff to implement programs. Coordinate visits with partner organizations to showcase their products. Negotiate within pricing and service guidelines; assist in the execution of agreements between the parties and the installation of the product/service. Make post-sale contact with provider and credit union, to assure credit union satisfaction.
- Be able to regularly travel in the Northern Michigan market and live in that geographic region.
- Conduct extensive in-person and telephone sales and service contacts with Michigan credit unions and track sales effort, visits, sales, and pertinent information in sales database.
- Based on the needs and strategic goals of each credit union, promote possible solutions offered by the MCULSC partners and CUSG solutions to develop and track leads and drive sales. Provide competitive information regarding price, features/ benefits, service, etc.
- Meet with each assigned credit union CEO at least twice each year to build and maintain a strong relationship and promote the value of MCUL affiliation. Through regular reporting, keep senior management apprised of important developments at both the chapter and credit union levels.
- Effectively promote and garner support and participation of key League initiatives as identified by senior management.
- Attend assigned chapter, credit union, and vendor events. Provide both written and oral reports on League key initiatives and CUSG products/services.
- Act as a primary resource for credit unions in locating and gathering a wide variety of requested information. Assist credit unions with operational issues and program development.
- Create and maintain a good working relationship with representatives of the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), the Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation (OFIR) and other MCUL/CUSG partners.
- Serve as a liaison to MCUL committees, councils and/or working groups as assigned.
- Participate in training and strategy sessions for MCUL initiatives and CUSG products/services.
- Meet or exceed revenue and other performance related goals
- Responsible for related duties as required or assigned.
- Update and maintain CRM on a regular basis to ensure proper tracking and reporting.
- Demonstrative understanding of the sales process.
- Strong ability to adjust to change and work requirements.
- Strong innovation skills.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and group communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little or no supervision.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with credit union personnel.
- Be able to manage long term relationships by listening to, understanding member needs, and offering product and services that fit their unique needs.
- Take the lead in solving membership problems.
- Ability to manage multiple members/projects and prioritize workload on a continuing basis.
- Enjoys working in a team environment.
- 3 years of prior Sales experience
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and three to five years of professional experience.
- Strong computer skills, including data processing, working knowledge of MS Office and data projectors.
- Prior credit union and trade association is preferred.
- Reside in the covered geographic region (Northern Michigan)
What we offer:
- Competitive Pay: We know your value and we’re not afraid to pay for it. We offer a competitive total compensation plan including salary, bonuses, and a 5% contribution to your 401k.
- Time Off: Besides our competitive paid time off package, employees receive paid holidays and time off to volunteer.
- Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including all the necessities such as medical, dental, and vision. We even offer a virtual health option allowing you to video-chat with a medical professional as opposed to making your way to their office. Don’t need health insurance? An opt-out credit will be provided to you for waiving coverage.
- Opportunity: for you to make an impact on the people we serve!
Organized in 1934, the Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) has a proud tradition of innovation and leadership among the nation's credit union trade associations. Through membership in the MCUL, Michigan credit unions receive important services such as legislative, regulatory and media advocacy; a stream of timely and vital news and information; access to key education and training programs; direct assistance with critical operational and planning issues; and a host of other products, services and programs designed exclusively to meet the unique individual and collective needs of credit unions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.