As a Grants Specialist you will streamline grant reporting by creating a research tool to identify and track corporate, foundation, civic and federal grant opportunities. Proactively research and identify new grant prospects and opportunities and see them throughout the process; with an emphasis on civic, federal, and state funding.
- Maintain detailed records of funding sources in Salesforce
- Develop timeline for submitting grants
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required by funding agencies
- Maintain letter templates for Chief Development Officer and President & CEO as needed for cover letters, letters of support etc.
- Update a tracking tool to ensure a clear, accurate, and complete Grants/Proposals Calendar, reporting all inquiries, contact list, working dates, submission plans, and reporting requirements.
- Proactively research and identify new grant prospects and opportunities and see them throughout the process.
- Research best practices from other food banks within the Feeding America Network.
- Be 18 years or older (no upper age limit)
- Pass a national service criminal history check
- Stipend of $575.40 (gross before taxes) paid bi-weekly for term of service
- Healthcare Benefit and Telehealth
- Choice of Education Award or Stipend ($6,345 for Education Award or $1,800 for Stipend)
- Forbearance on qualified student loans and interest accrual payments while serving (taxable)
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Personal/Sick Leave
- Free gym membership
- Weekly shopping at our Publix Community Market