As a leading 3PL for 15+ years, we have the resources and know-how to manage the pick-up and delivery of product over the ocean, air and land no matter if it is international or domestic. Jillamy offers a full complement of freight forwarding solutions; including a customs brokerage as well as logistics, packaging and warehousing services. A fully-integrated transportation service network excelling in fulfilling our customers’ unique contract packaging, warehousing, shipping needs and capacity requirements, while ensuring reasonable costs and reliable deliveries. We have a warehouse footprint of over 1,000,000 square feet strategically located to major markets. Our food grade warehouses perform pick/pack, kitting, bagging, blister sealing, and provide cross dock capabilities. We offer a team-based environment that encourages leadership and resourcefulness, and rewards the “roll-up-your-sleeves, let’s get the job done” attitude.
General Summary of Position
The Air Export Coordinator is responsible for excellent customer service and management of files and records to ensure timely delivery of items and resolution of issues. The Export Coordinator must be able to successfully communicate with a variety of local and international clientele and vendors, with diplomacy and discretion. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the coordination of Air Export shipments such as, opening export files, production of internal documentation and reporting, updating export statuses, assisting and advising customers, arranging deliveries and ensuring data accuracy is maintained in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for quoting, booking, contacting shippers, arranging recovery, providing dock receipts, familiarization with export US Customs/AES processes, and sending pre-alert notifications for multiple accounts in various stages of completion in a time sensitive environment.
- Manages multiple lines of communication between suppliers, shippers, customers and internal resources, maintaining details and relaying information to customers and agents with shipment follow ups, until confirmation of shipment delivery.
- Ensures compliance with customs, export, applicable foreign trade laws, and applicable Federal Transport regulations, including but not limited to TSA and other government agencies.
- Takes each shipment as an opportunity to learn more about the shipper/manufacturer and present our services for any of their future shipping needs/requirements.
- Reviews, updates, and maintains export customer charges for all export related opportunities/quoting.
- Negotiates cost effective rates to ensure maximum profitability.
- Maintains SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) and customer profiles including key contacts, special requirements, contract rates and preferred routings/services/carriers.
- Resolves issues to meet customer requirements, data input, general customer service, etc
- Resolves billing discrepancies.
- Responsible for agent development and feedback for both agent routed business and nominated cargo.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are required.
- Operates safely in all conditions.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Degree from accredited college or university with focus on International Business or Supply Chain preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience with Air Freight Forwarding preferred.
- Familiar with basic terms, airport/port codes and requirements.
- Working knowledge of domestic and international geography including countries, major cities, airports, oceans/waterways and ports.
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment.
- Dedication to outstanding customer service through communication and information management.
- Experience with standard Microsoft Office and related technology.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high-volume environment with multiple priorities.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to work flexible hours across all shifts, weekends, etc based upon business operational demands and may be required to operate across various locations.
Generous competitive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx plans, Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurances, 401(k) plan with Employer Match, Voluntary Term Life/AD&D, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Direct Deposit, Annual Reviews, etc.
Interested candidates should apply online at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/List/4919/Jillamy-Inc for immediate consideration. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.jillamy.com.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, non-job related handicap or disability or veteran status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise Jillamy, Inc. Human Resources Department.