JOB TITLE: Food Service Supervisor FLSA STATUS: Salaried / Overtime Ineligible
LOCATION: Charter School / Early Education and Care Center
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for the year-round supervision of two kitchens locations serving. Oversee the food service programs ensuring that all federal, state, and local policies, procedures, and regulations are followed. Provides leadership, support, and guidance to food service staff, established and monitors quality control standards, inventory levels, and food safety guidelines. Maintains appropriate records, compliance, assist with the Food Service budget development.
Legend: E = Essential / NE = Non Essential / N/A = Not Applicable
1. Manage, evaluate, and lead the department as well as train and develop staff as needed; work closely with both school leadership teams on food service needs for students and guest; responsible for recruiting, interviewing, addressing staff disciplinary problems, etc. E
2. Develop and coordinate menus. E
3. Schedule and coordinate food preparation and service for both locations. E
4. Manage food and beverage inventory and order as needed for both schools and other events. E
5. Assist with preparation and monitoring of budgets and planning for the Food Service program. E
6. Complete and submit all USDA, MPS, and other agency required reports. E
7. Conduct regular inspections of kitchens and food preparation areas and procedures. Ensure compliance with safety rules and regulations. Document inspections and take corrective action, as needed. E
8. Maintain clean, safe, and sanitary Food Service areas at both locations to include kitchens, cafeteria areas, equipment, and storeroom. E
9. Interact with administration, MPS, USDA, and all vendors to ensure a high quality and compliant Food Service program. E
10. Attend meetings and professional development activities, as needed. NE
11. Establish and maintain good communication, collaboration, and cooperation with all customers and staff. E
12. Follow all duties of a mandated reporter. E
13. Perform other related duties, as assigned. E
14. Be a team player. E
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift 50 pounds regularly and successfully pass TB, drug testing, and physical.
Work is performed in two food service areas/environment. Some local travel may be required.
REPORTS TO: President & CEO and/or designee
- An Associate Degree from an accredited College in University in related field (Bachelor’s degree Highly desirable)
- Two (2) years of experience in a lead role in the food service environment.
- Three (3) years of experience as Sous Chef or Head Chef /Chef. (Preferred)
- One (1) year of practical supervisory experience.
- Bilingual Spanish (Highly desirable)
- Knowledge of nutrition and menu preparation. (Highly desirable)
- Serv Safe certified or willing and able to obtain within three (3) months of hire.
- Well-rounded experience with food production, serving techniques, food safety/sanitation and industry standards (HACCP).
- Basic knowledge and understanding of purchasing and budgets.
- Great organizational skills.
- Must be a “People Person” with a great disposition and outlook on life, who enjoys working with children and adults, is upbeat and pleasant to work with and is a good listener.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license, car, and state minimum insurance required.
- Must pass criminal history background checks.
- Able to work flexible hours.
****La Causa, Inc. requires all individuals working to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19****