JOB TITLE: Director of Awareness and Engagement
FLSA STATUS: Salaried / Overtime Ineligible
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for a wide range of duties related to raising the visibility of the agency through engagement of the community including items such as planning, implementation, and management of all fund raising activities, community outreach, oversee grants program, donor cultivation, event planning and coordination, and capital campaigns activities, etc.
Legend: E = Essential NE = Non Essential N/A = Not Applicable
- Work with community organizers, foundations, and business leaders to help promote and establish partnerships and strengthen relations that will bring more awareness and support to the agency and all its divisions and services including donations, in kind services, endowments, capital campaigns, special events, etc.).
- Oversees all fund raising activities including direct ask, grants and sponsorships, event planning, outreach.
- Supervise A&E staff which includes the A&E Specialist/Grant Writer. E
- Manage the donor software and data; including the development and/or maintenance of a comprehensive database to support ongoing engagement activities. E
- Represent the organization as requested by the President and CEO (press engagement, speaking engagements, tours, community events, professional groups, etc.). E
- Recruit, coordinate, and supervise volunteers. E
- Attend meetings and professional development activities, as needed. E
- Establish and maintain good communication, collaboration, and cooperation with all stakeholders. E
- Follow all duties of a mandated reporter. E
- Perform other related duties, as assigned. NE
- Be a team player! E
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in office environments. Some local travel required.
REPORTS TO: President and CEO
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fund Development, Marketing, Communications, Non-Profit, or other closely related field from an accredited college/university.
- Three (3) years’ experience in Marketing, Communications, or Fund Raising or other closely related field.
- One (1) year supervisory or management experience.
- Bilingual Spanish/English. (Desirable)
- Neat orderly person with great organizational skills.
- Must be a “People Person” with a great disposition and outlook on life, who enjoys working with others, is upbeat and pleasant to work with and is a good listener.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Razor’s Edge / Fund Raising software experience. (Desirable)
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours as needed.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills, written and verbal
- Transportation, valid Wisconsin Driver’s license, state minimum auto insurance, and must meet La Causa, Inc. driving standards.
- Must pass all background checks.
****La Causa, Inc. requires all individuals working to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19****