JOB TITLE: Program Coordinator (Bilingual-Eng./Span.) FLSA STATUS: Salaried/Overtime Ineligible
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for managing, supervising, and implementation of day-to-day operations of the Crisis Nursery and Respite Center to ensure the completion and compliance of program requirements. Responsible for supervision/management of staff.
Legend: E = Essential / NE = Non Essential / N/A = Not Applicable
- Supervise (2 or more staff), evaluate, manage, and train/develop assigned staff in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the agency and work closely with the Division leadership as well as the Department of Human Resources to manage all personnel items (i.e.; interviewing, hiring, discipline actions, etc.). E
- Assume the duties of the division Director in his/her absence. E
- Supervise all volunteers’ activity to include, but not limited to: recruitment, enrollment, scheduling, training, monitoring, and assessing and reviewing effectiveness, etc. E
- Coordinate all aspects of services for participants to include, but not limited to: managing food and supplies, complete all intakes, family assessments (use judgment and take into account the totality of the shelter current population, future population forecast and assessment/review of the ability for staff to manage the needs of the center efficiently and safely), etc. E
- Perform client exit interviews, provide resource information for participants, coordinate resource information materials, etc. E
- Actively promote the program to the community and other local and regional agencies through phone calls, community meetings, and other outreach. NE
- Actively engage in all aspects of fundraising for the program to include, but not limited to: work closely with the Community Affairs and Fund Development Department to research and identify grants, research and pursue new donors, participate in special events/fundraisers, and research new sources of income for center operations, etc. E
- Monitor, enter, audit, and evaluate program data, to include, but not limited to: compilation of information, surveys, assist with maintenance and compliance of current grants, contract, and licensing, etc. E
- Provide back-up support for staff with the short-term care of children. E
- In collaboration with applicable stakeholders, ensure and follow compliance with legal, organizational, and contractual requirements, laws and policies to include, but not limited to: HIPAA regulations, audits, program evaluations and recommendations, licensing standards, file and staff compliance, new or enhanced policies and procedures, complaints, etc. E
- Prepare, complete, and submit required items by due dates and required timelines (i.e.; reports, statistics, schedules, etc.). E
- Establish and maintain good communication, collaboration, and cooperation with all stakeholders (i.e.; volunteers, parents, etc.). NE
- Implement and/or practice the duties and responsibilities of a mandated reporter of suspected child abuse under current policies and procedures, as required. E
- Attend all meetings and professional development activities, as directed. NE
- Perform other duties as assigned. NE
****La Causa, Inc. requires all individuals working to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19****
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Attendance and punctuality are an essential function of the job.
The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, reach, stoop, bend, and walk. Employee is frequently required to see, talk, or hear. Finger dexterity is also required. Frequent lifting, including children, will be encountered.
Work is generally performed indoors and outdoors and office environments. Local travel required; some state-wide travel as needed. Flexible hours required; as dictated by program needs. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds in weight.
REPORTS TO: Director of Crisis Nursery and Respite Center
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Associate Degree from an accredited school, in Human Services or in a related field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Introduction to the Child Care Profession, Fundamentals of Infant and Toddler Care and Skills and Strategies for the Child Care Teacher courses required -or- 90 hours of education/training in child development, human services or a related field.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- One (1) year experience working with children under 12 years of age.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) required.
- Must complete a minimum 15 hours of in-service training completed each year.
- Red Cross First Aid and CPR certifiable every 2 years.
- Strong cultural competency and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, appropriate to target audiences.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Highly developed organizational skills and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office suite.
- Able to work flexible hours, including holiday, evenings, and weekends depending on needs of the program needs.
- Must successfully complete and pass all background checks; including physical and Tuberculosis test.
- Transportation, valid Wisconsin Driver’s license, state minimum auto insurance, and must meet La Causa, Inc. driving standards.