Project Engineer (Job Code PE)
Because of our stellar reputation as a customer-centric designer of aviation Environmental Control and Air Management Systems, we have multiple crucial, secured programs with aircraft manufacturers and need to bring on a talented Project Engineer to support our ongoing projects. We need creative and aggressive engineers who are not afraid of high profile projects, and who are comfortable being held accountable to schedules, budgets, and multiple priorities. Responsibilities will include the design, development, testing, and qualification of aircraft environmental control systems. Our Project Engineers must possess the ability to apply engineering standards, techniques and procedures in the design of Environmental Control Systems in weight and performance-critical environments, and must be able to generate clear technical reports and other documents, including performance and qualification test plans. Candidate will interface with OEM personnel and should be comfortable in a highly dynamic environment. Minimal travel required.
• Project coordination with management, OEM and customer personnel, and FAA (in some cases) to ensure on schedule/on budget project completion.
• Approve drawings, certification/qualification/performance/endurance test plans, reports, and other project substantiating project data.
• Design and integration of hardware for aircraft heating, air conditioning, environmental control and air management systems.
• Assist in the creation of proposals to generate new business.
• Coordinate the verification and validation efforts to show compliance to project requirements such as PDRs, CDRs as well as certification/qualification/performance/endurance test set up and execution.
• Oversee prototyping, production and integration of system products.
• Management of designers using SolidWorks design platforms.
• Specification, evaluation, and testing of mechanical and electromechanical hardware and subsystems.
• Generation of Certification/Qualification Plans, analyses, reports, and other project substantiating project data.
• Bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical, Aerospace, Mechanical, or other applicable Engineering discipline from an accredited college or university strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years aircraft or aircraft systems design experience required.
• Minimum of 3 years 3D design software of both AutoCad and SolidWorks experience.
• Familiarity with FAA and/or Military certification programs desired.
• Ability to handle multiple high-priority efforts simultaneously.
• Thermal or structural analysis experience desired.
• Direct Experience in RTCA DO160, DO178, DO254 and MIL-STD-810 desired.
• MS-Project Training or Certification preferred.
• Project Management Certification preferred.
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and maintain cooperative working relationships.
• Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
• Commitment to quality, safety, and ethical behavior.
Air Comm Corporation (ACC) is a privately held company founded in 1987 to meet the needs of helicopter operators seeking solutions to problems commonly found in factory-installed environmental control systems. Today, ACC is the industry leader in the development and manufacture of state-of-the-art bleed air heaters and vapor-cycle air conditioners for a range of aerospace applications, including fixed-wing and rotorcraft platforms.
ACC develops environmental control systems and provides mission-critical components and engineering solutions for military and commercial aerospace customers. Additionally, ACC has specialized expertise in fluid mass flow analysis, electro/ mechanical system design, development and production. Other capabilities include CNC tube fabrication, wire harness fabrication, circuit breaker/relay/control panel design and production, engineering, and testing services. The ACC test facility has a 120,000 BTUH air conditioning psychometric test chamber, a state of the art vibration table, harsh environment, EMI, and other test capabilities. The split psychometric chambers are designed for testing either individual components or complete systems to show real-time performance, efficiency, and identify areas where optimization can be realized.
Our success is based on leading edge innovation and elegant design, with a focus on quality and reliability, unparalleled customer support and unmatched value. Every ACC system is FAA approved via FAA Supplemental Type Certificate, or as part of the manufacturer’s aircraft Type Certificate. The company is ISO9000/AS-9100 certified. ACC customers include manufacturers, major operators, customizing centers, and the U.S. Military.
What Sets Us Apart:
We do the right thing when no one is looking. Personal integrity is non-negotiable here.
At ACC, we offer a competitive salary in exchange for your best work and we pay a significant portion of insurance benefits. Full-time employees have access to great benefits including; health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, life, disability, 401(k), and wellness reimbursements.
ACC is a rapidly-growing, dynamic, and forward-thinking company in beautiful Westminster, CO. Our office is accessible from I-25 and within 1 mile of public transportation. We have a professional, hardworking, and fun environment - We work hard and play hard! Team members celebrate 9 holidays annually and earn vacation and personal time off. We hold fun monthly company events and every Friday is casual dress.
Air Comm Corporation
1575 W. 124th Ave Ste 210
Westminster, CO 80234
AIR COMM CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
In accordance with U.S. export control laws, Air Comm Corporation has determined that the position for which you are applying may require exposure to U.S.- origin controlled technology. To comply with these requirements, Air Comm may require employees to be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (“green card holder”), an asylee, refugee or other protected person.