The Boston Convention Marketing Center (BCMC) is a joint effort of the Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau (GBCVB) and the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority (MCCA) to market and sell the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, the John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center, and The Lawn On D. Employment is with the GBCVB
Reporting to the Director, Event & Media Sales, the Sales Manager, Event & Media Sales, the individual identifies and contracts short-range event bookings at the Hynes Convention Center, the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center (BCEC) and the Lawn on D; represents Boston in a highly visible, professional and positive fashion to the hotel and meetings industry.
- Call on prospects to solicit business, qualify function space requirements, determine support services needed, identify available facilities, and develop pricing strategies.
- Prepare and conduct sales presentations.
- Conduct site inspections.
- Prepare sales proposals.
- Manage and maintain detailed account, contact, and event booking details in Ungerboeck customer database system.
- Prepare and implement account action plans to secure new business.
- Develop and enhance customer relationships to secure repeat business.
- Attend industry and other networking events to provide maximum exposure for the BCEC, HYNES and the Lawn on D
- Meet all assigned sales quotas for prospecting, outside calls and converting definite business by managing time and territory effectively
- Work closely with the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority event staff to ensure that a customer’s contract terms are applied and there is a seamless transition from sales to service.
- Work closely with the food & beverage providers for the BCEC, HYNES, and Lawn on D to ensure a seamless transition from sales to service.
- The Sales Manager, Event & Media Sales is a full-time, Monday through Friday position; evening and/or weekend work may be required.
- This is an in-person position. The BCMC offers work-from-home Fridays, subject to change in the future. Fully remote options are not available.
- COVID-19 considerations: All staff are required to submit proof of having received a COVID immunization.
- Minimum of 5 years of related industry sales experience and proven track record of success.
- College degree preferred
- Must be a highly self-motivated team player, organized, professional and service-oriented
- Must possess a ‘winning’ attitude
- Must be a strategic thinker
- Must have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to build productive business relationships
- Knowledge of Boston is beneficial
GBCVB/BCMC offers excellent benefits, generous time off, and a dynamic, fun, and collaborative work environment!
To apply, please submit a resume, salary requirement and a cover letter stating how your experience correlates to the responsibilities and requirements of the position.
GBCVB/BCMC is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating a workplace that reflects this commitment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.