The Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR) is a thriving professional medical society dedicated to optimizing patient care and improving lives through minimally invasive, image-guided treatments. Located in Fairfax, Virginia, SIR represents one of the most innovative, exciting, and competitive specialties in medicine today. SIR is a 501(c)(6) professional association that supports more than 8,100 interventional radiology physicians, trainees, medical students, scientists, and clinical professionals. SIR is also comprised of SIR’s 501(c)(3) Foundation, which focuses on research and fundraising to advance the future of interventional radiology. Together SIR and SIR Foundation have nearly 50 staff, combined annual revenues of $10 million, and assets of nearly $17 million.
SIR is looking for someone who is passionate about increasing productivity through the evolution of software development models. This position will be responsible for enhancing, supporting, and maintaining applications implemented with Personify, SQL Server, C#, and .NET. Lead technical teams in support of applications; provide instruction on various technical topics to other team members, educating/training new hires. Communicates all necessary application changes, enhancements, and procedures to all necessary internal department teams. Key coordinator between multiple project teams to ensure division-wide integration of reengineering efforts. Works with cross-functional teams and business partners by providing education on system functionality, and configuration of new tools to increase end-user productivity within the application. Additional responsibilities include reporting, data input and output, and act as a liaison to our third-party integration partners.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Lead internal subject matter expert on Association Management Software (Personify) and works with the AMS vendor to design enhancements or database modifications to meet new business needs and determine the frequency, timing, and planning for AMS upgrades.
- Develop an understanding of business priorities and needs and lead cross-functional teams to implement and maintain required enhancements of the AMS and reporting infrastructure to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Identify, analyze, create and maintain reports/BI dashboards and queries for staff using SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence and/or SQL Enterprise Manager.
- Ability to analyze business systems, define business and functional requirements, and create models with established KPIs to support continuous improvement initiatives across the organization.
- Lead level two and level three user support and problem resolution for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of all applications across the enterprise.
- Proactively monitor for data integrity of the production and the test Personify databases and create/maintain processes to support data integrity.
- Serve as the resource for other application team members on technical and functional application analysis, defining system requirements, and developing logical data models using best practices for build and configuration, maintenance and data integrity.
Secondary Functions and Responsibilities
- Maintain SIR Reporting Catalog.
- Write and/or maintain standard operating procedures that outline SIR’s specific use of all major systems.
- Passionate about increasing productivity through the evolution of software development models
- Assist in managing open issues list on system functionality bugs and work with vendors and internal stakeholders as needed to resolve.
- Develop data entry standards, train staff on procedures, and monitor compliance.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience working with Personify AMS or other related CRM.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server.
- In-depth knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures related to database management and data modeling techniques
- Must have an understanding in Project Management in either Agile or Waterfall methodologies
- Experience in Reporting/BI, preferably in SAP Business Objects BI.
- Exposure with Microsoft .Net (C#)
- Experience with business analysis and workflow optimization
- Solid understanding of software development best practices and methodologies.
- Ability to adapt to varied roles and job responsibilities and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform a variety of professional tasks including, but not limited to, technology services representative on various committees or task forces.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of specific applications development.
- A Certified Data Analyst (CDA) or a Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP) credential would be a great addition.
- 5+ years experience in SQL database administration, utilities, and tools.
- Working knowledge of SAP Business Objects or other similar reporting software experience
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements: Small, fast-paced open office environment with moderate noise levels. Use of phones and computers for extended periods of time. Utilize office equipment and communication technologies for conference calls and teleconference meetings/webinars. Requires general mobility to move through the facility. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds. Frequent interaction with internal staff and physician members/board via phone, in person, email, and other mediums. Normal sitting and standing activities for an office environment. Some travel primarily for Annual Meeting.
Special note regarding COVID-19: SIR employees are currently working in a hybrid or remote fashion and will have the ability to continue to work with a flexible arrangement based on business needs.
This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the sole standards for the position. Incumbents are expected to perform all other duties as required.
SIR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.