Who we are
The Vancouver Housing Authority (VHA) works closely with local governments and other community partners throughout Clark County to address issues of affordable housing and homelessness and help families break the cycle of poverty.
Who we are looking for
The VHA is recruiting for a Voucher Programs Manager to manage Housing Voucher Program and activities. The Voucher Programs Manager develops internal goals and metrics to ensure program meets regulatory requirements and agency expectations. This position develops voucher participant-centered culture among staff and through internal policies and procedures. This position also maintains productive relationships with other VHA departments, community partners, HUD, other Housing Authorities, and landlords. Integrates voucher program with other VHA programs. Participates in budget and policy development, and strategic planning. Advises Chief Operating Officer, Executive Director, and Board of Commissioners on matters related to Voucher Program.
What you'll do
- Plans, manages, and coordinates Housing Voucher Program activities.
- Creates and maintains a voucher participant-centered culture.
- Oversees department recruitment, staffing, training, and performance standards.
- Works with Chief Operating Officer and others to evaluate financial and budget information in developing strategic plans for the department.
- Develops policies and practices to ensure that all VHA, federal, and state Housing Voucher regulatory requirements are properly monitored and applied. Manages internal and external audit processes and responses. Interfaces with federal and state regulators and auditors as necessary to respond to information requests and promote positive and productive relationships.
- Prepare applications to HUD for additional funding.
- Prepares and monitors PIC data submissions.
- Maintains current knowledge of new regulations, developments, and innovations related to Housing Voucher management. Develops and administers appropriate program changes in response to regulatory directives.
- Resolves complex and/or sensitive resident issues. Responds to complaints and maintains positive relations with residents and landlords.
- Develops and presents a variety of documents related to assigned area of responsibility including utilization reports, reports outlining regulatory changes and/or requirements, and proposed program change reports.
- Initiates, reviews and maintains contracts for information, goods, and services.
- Reviews and approves monthly bills for department.
- Represents the VHA to community groups, stakeholders, elected officials, etc.
- Consistently complies with position and department safety and attendance standards.
- Establishes and maintains positive, productive relationships with employees, residents, public officials, vendors, and other work related contacts.
What we offer
- Starting pay range is $82,716.00 - $100,000.00 per year based on experience.
- Full-time, exempt position.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance for the employee.
- Benefits package also includes 10.25% paid into WA PERS by employer, 12 company paid holidays, and generous paid time off accrual.
- Meaningful work that addresses affordable housing and homelessness in our community.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor Degree, liberal arts, social services, business administration, public administration or a related field or equivalent experience;
- Five+ years of increasingly responsible management or senior professional experience in program development with responsibility for managing, planning, organizing, coordinating, staffing, reporting and budgeting experience;
- Housing Choice Voucher administration experience strongly preferred;
- Minimum three years' experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Or: In place of the above requirements, the incumbent may possess a combination of relevant education and experience that would demonstrate the individual's knowledge, skill, and ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above.
A cover letter and resume is required. For more information on the Vancouver Housing Authority please visit our website at www.vhausa.com. Please note, those candidates deemed to best match our requirements will be contacted for an interview. We do not discuss application status during the selection process. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
The VHA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.