Are you a Dental Hygienist seeking to work with a high energy and collaborative team that has a lot of fun together? Are you looking for an opportunity where you can make an enormous impact on kids’ smiles? Well, look no further! This is an opportunity you will not want to miss.
The ForsythKids Program brings preventive dental care to underserved populations in Massachusetts at schools, day care centers, neighborhood facilities, homeless shelters, summer camps, and public events. Our team is looking for part-time Dental Hygienists to work in our fast-paced school-based mobile dental program that travels throughout the state (must be willing to commute long distances). The ForsythKids Dental Hygienist role encompasses clinical, programmatic, and educational responsibilities to ensure continuity of high-quality patient care and to promote children’s oral health.
Clinical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review/update medical histories on all patients
- Identify any contra-indications and request any necessary medical clearances
- Set up and maintain clean, disinfected clinical environment
- Sterilize instruments and inspect instruments to ensure proper sterilization
- Perform hard and soft tissue extra-oral and intra-oral exam
- Perform periodontal assessment and charting
- Provide patient prophylaxis and fluoride treatment
- Place dental sealants as prescribed by dentist
- Provide oral hygiene and nutritional counseling education
- Clinical charting in an electronic health record software
- Carrying and lifting of portable dental equipment ~ 50lbs
Minimum education and experience requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Graduation from an accredited dental hygiene program
- A current Massachusetts dental hygiene license
- CPR certification
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Clinical experience, familiarity with public health and community-based programs, and/or bilingual in Spanish is a plus
The ideal candidate works well in a team setting and is detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, and has a positive attitude. The ForsythKids Dental Hygienist will participate in all activities of the core ForsythKids team, maintain professional licensure, complete mandatory training and required continuing education, and adhere to the policies and protocols of the Forsyth Institute and the ForsythKids program.
Benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement are available with position depending on scheduled hours.