The Peer Recovery Coach (PRC) will provide Resource Navigation and Recovery Support Services acting as a mentor and guide for those seeking or sustaining recovery. They will also be responsible for Operational Support for the community center.
Through the process of coaching, the PRC promotes recovery by helping peer remove barriers, connect to the recovery community and engage in supportive services. Coaching offers a unique opportunity to build relationships of equality, trust and confidence in which a PRC values each peer’s individual beliefs and supports them in mapping out a self-directed journey towards recovery.
This position will not have a set peer circle. They will engage individuals coming to the center seeking support and resources to sustain their recovery. This position will complete daily operational duties as assigned and uphold the values and community agreements of the center. The PRC will maintain accurate documentation of coaching sessions, referrals, evaluations, and wellness recovery plans.
- Serve as a role model who shares personal strengths and skills as well as the hope that recovery is possible for everyone
- Support the values of Communities for Recovery
- Model, advocate, and promote recovery goals and philosophy within the community
- Assist peers in identifying immediate needs and support them in developing a plan that will address those needs that utilizes their personal strengths, interests, social relationships, hopes, and sources of well-being, as well as knowledge and skills supporting their recovery journey
- Educate peers on accessing community opportunities and resources, matching their interests and hopes for the future and linking them to these resources
- Provide recovery services in the areas of emotional, instrumental, instructional, and affiliational support at a dosage and frequency comparable to peer needs
- Maintain accurate documentation of coaching sessions, referrals, evaluations, and wellness recovery plans
- Provide support for individuals on the PRC waitlist and assist in screening and referrals to long-term coaching staff
- Ensure privacy and confidentiality of peer information is maintained
- Ensure Reception coverage and provide direct coverage when volunteer and/or intern receptionist is unavailable
- Be the warm and welcoming face of CforR, greeting everyone with a smile and providing great customer service
- Assist guests with questions, direct to appropriate staff members, upkeep Bulletin Boards, Resource Guides, maintain coffee station, provide general housekeeping and cleaning duties for the office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Handle café donations and bookstore purchases, document transactions, handle cash and credit card information in a secure and confidential manner
- Set up/break down meeting spaces for various meetings, as needed
- Oversee set up and break down Community Room, by volunteer staff, for Fun Friday (1X per month), including procurement & presentation of snacks
- Open & close computer lab, Enforce computer lab policies & procedures, coordinate and track computer use, manage DVD viewing library, provide one-on-one assistance, wipe down keyboards, mice, monitors, and desk tops at the end of the day and insure area is free of trash and neat for the next morning.
- Receive clothing donations, sort, and prepare for display or donation to alternate business, maintain the career closet area, and ovesee volunteers who assist with the Career Closet