The Web Application Developer is responsible for the development of new features and applications, the rewriting and modernization of existing Legacy software, and the support and maintenance of all current web and mobile applications in a Production environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Produce high quality, clean, and efficient code that is highly readable, maintainable, and scalable.
- Perform thorough testing and/or debugging to ensure that all code written meets the requested requirements and all user acceptance criteria.
- Demonstrate a strong care and passion for professionalism, ethics, integrity, and code craftsmanship.
- Demonstrate a passion for continual learning, growing, and professional development.
- Operate with a “Can-Do” attitude, rather than a “Not My Job” mindset.
- Ability to research and learn new languages, technologies, and/or frameworks quickly with minimal help or supervision.
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter that can implement requirements and complete a task/project with minimal direction and/or supervision.
- Ability to take high-level design constraints, architectural diagrams, technical requirements and/or documentation, and implement all the technical details with minimal help or assistance.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate a very high attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to read, understand, and write technical documentation and/or architectural diagrams to thoroughly document code and implementations of new technologies.
- Ability to both receive constructive criticism and make recommendations to management for ways to do things better and opportunities to improve.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum RequirementsHigh school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in Microsoft ASP.NET. Note: This position is not for Entry-level or Junior .NET developers. This position’s experience level is considered to be in the Mid-to-Senior range.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with Microsoft SQL Server and SSMS.
Preferred Education and Experience
- A Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Computer Science from an accredited four- year University, or similar degree in a closely related field, is strongly preferred.
- .NET Web APIs, with Swagger UI.
- .NET Dependency Injection, using .NET Core’s built-in “IServiceCollection” interface.
- OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect (OIDC), and JWT Bearer Authentication.
- Familiarity with the latest release of .NET – ASP.NET Core 6.0 (.NET 6).
- Familiarity with “Minimal Web APIs” in .NET 6.
- Experience using Visual Studio database projects to maintain and publish changes to the database.
- Strongly preferred knowledge and experience in ReactJS (+ Redux) and Node.js.
- Strongly preferred knowledge and experience with cross-platform mobile app development in Apache Cordova and Xamarin.
- Strongly preferred knowledge and experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) practices and
- writing Unit Tests, Integration Tests, etc., using XUnit or NUnit.
- Familiarity with cloud-based application development in Microsoft Azure.
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps and how its CI/CD pipelines work.
- Familiarity with Google Firebase for hosting front-end web applications.
- Familiarity with GitHub Actions/Workflows for CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience working with Auth0 for managing authentication and authorization.
- A good understanding and passion for SOA and Microservices architectures.
This position is considered light duty with frequent phone and computer use.