About the Organization
The organization exists to break the generational cycle of poverty for Latino immigrants and their families by lifting barriers to their success. Canal Alliance is a nonprofit champion of immigrants who are challenged by a lack of resources and an unfamiliar environment.
Canal Alliance is seeking a bilingual Case Manager II to join its Immigration and Social Services team. This role is an essential part of the client success team, which supports young Latino immigrants in accessing wraparound services and aid their integration into Marin County. In collaboration with the youth Mentor Coordinator, the Case Manager II assists youth and sponsors in accessing service systems (such as social services, education, immigration support, etc.) and other appropriate social services, interpretation, and advocacy in support of each participating youth’s needs and goals. This role reports directly to the Social Services Senior Manager and works within a committed multidisciplinary team.
• Responsible for providing direct case management to individuals experiencing multiple challenges including meeting immediate needs, providing information, referrals, linkages, and advocacy to assist clients in accessing local services and resources.
• Monitor progress towards client goals and agency-wide outcomes.
• Assess and document if clients are interested in and eligible for a long-term commitment to attaining English fluency, legal status, and/or the next level of education.
• 80% case work and 20% mentoring, attending and presenting at partner meetings, (allocation of time may vary week to week).
• Maintain records and data for evaluation purposes.
• Work closely with the Immigration Legal Services team to stay up to date with changes in immigration policies and change our practices/services accordingly.
• Serve as Canal Alliance representative at inter- and intra-agency meetings as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with benefits starting at $28.85/hr. We offer a competitive salary with a benefits package that includes 3 weeks paid vacation a year, 12 days of sick leave a year, a voluntary vision plan and 100% paid employee medical & dental insurance. In addition, there are at least 10 paid holidays annually, a 403(b)-retirement plan, a Flex cafeteria plan, long term disability insurance and an employee assistance program.
Education and Experience
• 3+ years of experience working in social work or degree in social work, public health or similar occupations
• Preferred: Trained in Trauma-Informed Practices
Qualifications- Skills and Knowledge
• Bilingual in Spanish/English
• Proficiency in community resources, public social service, and assistance programs
• Demonstrated proficiency in casework principles and techniques
• Exceptional problem-solving skills
• Highly skilled in active listening; empathetic, client centered, strength-based case management
• Exemplary customer service skills
• Ability to function with minimal supervision, follow directions, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and manage stressful situations effectively
• Ability to get along with people and establish cooperative working relationships with staff at all levels both within and outside the department
• Strong communication and organization skills
• Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation and e-mail software
• Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
• Preferred: Salesforce experience, or another CRM
Canal Alliance Equity and Inclusion Statement
Canal Alliance actively promotes and recognizes principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, disability, ancestry and all other identities represented among our diverse employees. By appreciating the importance of inclusion, we acknowledge that the collective and individual talents, skills, and perspectives of our staff foster a culture of belonging, safety, collaborative practice, innovation, and mutual respect. Canal Alliance is committed to the transformation of attitudes and systems that deprive any person or group of these principals