Audio Visual Management Solutions (AVMS) is a nationally-trusted multimedia authority creating unforgettable meetings, presentations and special events. From intimate gatherings to galas and multi-venue conferences, we go the extra mile to provide the extraordinary.
We are looking for an IT Support Technician based in the South Bay area of Los Angeles. In a mixed platform environment, AVMS’s information technology team administers and develops systems to meet a diverse array of user, administrative and infrastructure needs. Our team leverages both Apple and Microsoft technologies in order to provide 200+ staff with the tools necessary to meet company goals and serve staff effectively.
The IT Support Technician helps with the setup, maintenance and troubleshooting of the company’s information systems, with a primary emphasis on desktop applications, printers, hardware, and end user support. The IT Support Technician will work within their team and with other company staff to address a wide variety of problems or needs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve routine computer, printer, application and network problems
- Inventory, configure and possibly install new computers, printers and laptops
- Provide application support in a mixed platform environment
- Triage help tickets and coordinate with IT department and AVMS employees to manage resolution
- Perform user account setups and terminations, including Office 365
- Thoroughly document technical processes and issue resolution
- Track and manage hardware inventory with Kaseya
- Assist IT Manager with other tasks, as needed
- General-purpose computer knowledge and computer skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills; ability to communicate and problem solve with staff from various backgrounds
- Experience working with hardware and software issues in a mixed platform environment
- Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting computers, printers and laptops
- Working knowledge of basic networking (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP) and experience with open source software are pluses
- Ability to be self-sufficient and troubleshoot issues on their own, but ask questions when needed
- Ability to work effectively in sometimes stressful and/or unpredictable situations
- Ability to appropriately safeguard confidential and proprietary information
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
Check us out at www.avms.com.
AVMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.